Of Late Many Here Seem To Be Preaching Aethiesm..

by Qcmbr 167 Replies latest jw friends

• Golf
    Golf

Qcmbr, stand your ground. I'm an avid believer in my Creator. What people gotta say won't change my mind.

"Do not put your trust in nobles, nor in the son of earthling man, to whom NO salvation belongs. (Why?) His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish."

In my lifetime I have literally heard people mock and curse their fellow man and you know what, their no longer here.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    In my lifetime I have literally heard people mock and curse their fellow man and you know what, their no longer here.

What does that mean? Does that mean they're in heaven or hell? Did these people believe in God? You know they say Satan could quote scriptures. People on death row believe in God. Are they going to heaven? Just because you cursed your fellow man is going to send you to everlasting destruction? I just don't get it. That remark sounds like you hate your "fellow man".

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Q:I think it's a bit wet to be denigrating folks who happen to have a different framework of life. Since religion has had its hour preaching, why not atheism? Few proselytise, especially on this board. Are you sure you're not just a little jaded that folks see so many similarities between the JWs and the LDS?

Tetra:

seriously you theists and most noble magical thinkers, sure i may not think that you're as smart as me.

This from a man who has difficulty capitalising sentences, and whose first defense is sarcasm (the lowest form of wit).
    Yeah, yeah, when ya become more diverse in your argumentation tactics, maybe folks'll be less polarised about your presentation (currently ranging from beguiled to bemused), but at least you're consistent

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Ross, you and I have sparred in this arena before and managed to come out of it with mutual respect and friendship intact. It's only because of that respect that I'm going to call you on your response to Tetra.

Pulling someone up on his or her grammar or sarcasm is a simple case of "avoidance". If you don't like what he said at least tell him why, then you can fling custard tarts all you like as far as I'm concerned. As I've said to you once before, I too consider moving away from a dependence on non-existent gods to be a sign of development and maturity.

Nic'

(I've checked all my grammar and punctuation and am wearing a bright yellow Mackintosh in readiness for what's coming my way.)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    If you don't like what he said at least tell him why, then you can fling custard tarts all you like as far as I'm concerned.

I always do

Anyhow, he can take it, and I think we all enjoy the verbal sparring and flurry of emoticons

As I've said to you once before, I too consider moving away from a dependence on non-existent gods to be a sign of development and maturity.

Oh woe, woe, and woe again , I say. I'm pleased to see that you're moving away from your dependance on non-existant gods, however I can't help but wonder when you'll sit down and have a nice chat and a cup of tea with an existant one

~fills Nic's wellies with jelly~

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

First things first,

~fills Nic's wellies with jelly~

I'm just pervy enough to enjoy that.

As for chatting with an existant God, well it's all one-way isn't it? I prayed to him for over 30 years and he never answered me. Not once. I used to think and 'feel' that he did via the meetings I went to and the publications I read - but I was wrong wasn't I? So sometimes the conversations we perceive ourselves to be having with God are in fact nothing of the sort.

Did you ever say a prayer to God and have him answer you Ross?

• marsh
    marsh

Hi,

Justin you are so right in that we should respect where people are coming from or they will be driven away.We are on different levels of understanding.Very often many who exit cults make little sense at first,they are ill one way or another.Having to adjust to a different life/ways/thinking/ dealing with so many problems,trying to make sense of your life,very hard for some.

I am a Christian now and very thankful to The Lord for delivering me from bondage.As a Christian we are to fulfill the great commission,so naturally we want to talk about the Bible.God,Jesus.We all make mistakes as baby christians,and also still have 'triggers' and 'flashbacks' and some JW teachings to overcome.

I have family / relations /aquaintances who are a real mix,atheists,occult,RC.so I am used to the arguments..Some JWS still believe in God but are confused,don't know where to go,what to do,still want answers,sadly there are so many who want to strip them of any beliefs and take them down yet another false path.I did not have a computer when I first learned about the JWS.so I walked a long daunting road,and was further mentally abused by some exjws.It got so bad that I had to ring the Samaritans for help as I did not know where to go.I finally found some very loving exJWS who were now B/A Christians and some lovely Christians who were 'sound' .

Freeminds as well as other sites are helping so many,and those who come here for whatever reason will find the much needed help.

Also Reachout Trust,First and Last Ministries.these helped me alot in the UK.

www.reachouttrust.org www.firstandlast.org.uk

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him,so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.Romans 15:13.

I am the Lord your God .who takes hold of your right hand and says to you,Do not fear;I will help you Isaiah 41:13.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    As for chatting with an existant God, well it's all one-way isn't it?

No, that would be the "non-existant" ones that you've weaned yourself off of

I prayed to him for over 30 years and he never answered me.

How does the saying go "...doing the same thing again and again but expecting different results"?

Not once. I used to think and 'feel' that he did via the meetings I went to and the publications I read - but I was wrong wasn't I?

Yup. Sorry to colloborate the bad news

So sometimes the conversations we perceive ourselves to be having with God are in fact nothing of the sort.

True true.

Did you ever say a prayer to God and have him answer you Ross?

Currently it remains at a 100%. Daddy loves me, even when I'm bad

Are you getting prepared to preach at me?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Nice to meet you Marsh.

I felt the need to respond to almost every line of your post and then felt a little ashamed at myself for not just wanting to say 'hello'. Everything else can wait for now. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Nic'

• Mary
    Mary

OK, I can't believe no one hasn't said this yet but: Can't We All Just.....Get Along?

Yes there's atheists on this site, just like there's people who still believe in Jehovah and there's those who believe Jesus is God, whatever. I've learned from experience that it's not worth it to get into the "emotionally charged" debates because it doesn't appear that either side will ever convince the others to change their viewpoints. Therefore, the only logical thing to do is: don't post on threads that you don't agree with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit