Of Late Many Here Seem To Be Preaching Aethiesm..

by Qcmbr 167 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

CHL:

ya had to ruin it for me didn't cha Scully

Yes, I did. I found it mildly amusing.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

lol, this thread started off about atheists being mean to people. and 11 pages later we find an atheist nurse and an anal thermometer... LOL...

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

An athiest nurse with a giant rectal thermometer, your worst nightmare or wet dream, you decide.

• gumby
    gumby

Ditto to Sapien...Atheism to hot nurses in 9 pages

LT....cabbage makes me get bloatie and gassy and leaves marks in my undershorts

Mary....if you or scully really looked that hot I'd become a jack mormon and take you two as my concubines and our mobil home would be a rockin! EEEEEE HA!!!!!!!!!!!!

James,

I still didn't get a dadgum thing you said on your last post and I was hopin for some meaty stuff. 20 or 30 years for me is not in my head or an unreality.....it's the dang truth. I'll bet you 50 bucks that if your around 30 years from now...I'll either be a humped over old bastard with wet spots on my pants just below my beltline.....or I'll be pushin up daisies. .........and so will you. Maybe by then we'll both be just a tad less clueless about how it all began. Keep sayin stuff though.....just maybe it'll click someday.

Gumby

• marsh
    marsh

Me again,

The Bible's message changed the blood-drinking 'barbarians' of the UK to decency. It is the basis of English common law,the American Bill of Rights and the constitutions of great democracies .UK.U.S.A.Canada ,Australia, and NZealand any more? The Bible has inspired literature ,Shakespeare.Milton, Kipling Etc: Art.Leonardo Da Vinci,Michaelangelo,Raphael,rembrandt, The Bible has inspired music.Bach,Handel,The Bible transforms,The Gospel has changed cannibals,The Bible does not honor man,but God .The people in the Bible have feet of clay they are shown 'warts and all'God's holiness shines through.Noah,Moses,David,Peter all had their failures recorded .

God is the uncreated (eternal) creator of the universe Amen.IN THE BEGINNING GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH Gen:1..............

Psalm 8 The glory of God in creation Proverbs 8 The excellence of wisdom,John 1:1 The Eternal Word.

Brill!!

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Gumster:

I'll bet you 50 bucks that if your around 30 years from now...I'll either be a humped over old bastard with wet spots on my pants just below my beltline.....or I'll be pushin up daisies. .........and so will you.

It's likely to happen sooner than 30 years for me, in fact I'm so near the "wet spot" phase I'm think'n of wearing a kilt so I can just let it run down my leg. (no offense meant to any dear Scotsman we all know)

j

• poppers
    poppers

Gumby,

Read the words of JamesThomas without attempting to understand them mentally - feel the resonance of their truth at the level of your Being. His words are coming from a place which is also yours in reality. They are coming from the complete simplicity of Being, filtered and given shape by his mind, and directed to the Being which lies at your core - he is not speaking to "Gumby" but to Himself (Being) disguised as "Gumby". The "Gumby" character is getting in the way of hearing his words - that's where your confusion is coming from.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

gumby

I was hopin for some meaty stuff

Which part of coupling 'ideas about "god"' and "meaty stuff" DON'T you see as an oxymoron?

The whole point it that there IS no meaty stuff, nor ever has been. Just endless descriptions of what it smells like. Some people can smell stuff other people can't. Doesn't mean that those who can't smell it are 'wrong', or that those who can smell it are right.

poppers

Read the words of JamesThomas without attempting to understand them mentally - feel the resonance of their truth at the level of your Being. His words are coming from a place which is also yours in reality. They are coming from the complete simplicity of Being, filtered and given shape by his mind, and directed to the Being which lies at your core - he is not speaking to "Gumby" but to Himself (Being) disguised as "Gumby". The "Gumby" character is getting in the way of hearing his words - that's where your confusion is coming from.

You mean "Use the Force gumby?"

Problem is the same "don't try to figure it out let go" philosophy has been used by every snake-oil merchant and charlatan since before the year dot. I don't think that JT is either of those things, but although I love the SOUND of what he says, at times it lacks substance unless one presupposes it has substance. This doesn't mean he's wrong, but then the fact he sounds good doesn't mean he is right either.

On one hand it might be that "Thou art God". On the other hand it might be that a bunch of jumped-up apes have really really good imaginations, and that even though we are utterly physical and transitory in a mechanistic Universe free of interconnceted minds or hidden meaning we can still tell a good story, so good we believe it ourselves.

There's an awful lot of circumstancial proof for this - each culture has had stories to explain its presense. Maybe the stories are getting better (as ideas like JT's are even more unDISprovable than most religionistic claims) but something in the back of our monkey brains resists accepting the actual mundanity of the situation and clings to grand-sounding ideas that are beyond proof.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit