Of Late Many Here Seem To Be Preaching Aethiesm..

by Qcmbr 167 Replies latest jw friends

• marsh
    marsh

Hi Almost Atheist,

If you want to look on AIG site --------- 'The bath tub ark' by Ken Ham---------An AIG supporter spent 400 hours building a scale model constructed according to the dimensions given in the Bible.The scale model will show future museum visitors that the Biblical account is reasonable.The Creation Museum of AIG (Near Cincinnati) will feature at least one model of the Ark.

A Patrick Marsh who once did the scenic design for the 'Jaws' and 'King Kong' attractions at Universal Studios in Florida is now a creationist,can read about him on AIG,

(hope this is right) http://answersingenesis.org/us/newsletters/0602au-usa.pdf

What is our Ark of safety today?.........not the Watchtower.............but Jesus Christ John 10:9.

Godbless.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hi Marsh,

If you want to look on AIG site --------- 'The bath tub ark' by Ken Ham---------An AIG supporter spent 400 hours building a scale model constructed according to the dimensions given in the Bible.The scale model will show future museum visitors that the Biblical account is reasonable.The Creation Museum of AIG (Near Cincinnati) will feature at least one model of the Ark.

For any interested, the link to the above mentioned article is: http://www.answersingenesis.org/us/newsletters/0602lead.asp

Unfortunately it doesn't address the concern I raised in the last post. The question isn't "Could they build a big box?" Certainly they could. But could it float? For a year? With the bowing, flexing, and expanding that the ark's slats and timbers would have endured, making it seaworthy would've been impossible. Especially with no trial run. There is no evidence in the Bible that God helped at all. Any such thinking would be speculation, and would actually run contrary to the fact that God gave Noah plans. Why give plans if he intended to micro-manage the project himself?

I don't want to get into a debate with you on the flood's impossibility, you could easily have that conversation with yourself on any number of web sites. Go to them, come up with genuine refutations of what you see there, then pop back in and we could have some fun!

As for Jesus being the modern-day ark, maybe that was the point of the Noah story? Perhaps the story was never intended to be taken as factual, but it served as a good illustration of what Jesus would do for his followers? Maybe? :-)

Dave

• gumby
    gumby
    Just pointing to something that can not be seen, is not a thing, yet sparkles from the pools of your eyes, and can be felt within the still presence of a tree.

Contemplate for a moment what would be present even if all physical sensations stopped, and all memory was erased. Look at what is here when there is not even the idea of personal identity, existence, God, or other. What is here when there is no thing?

James....thanks for you answer

Maybe you could at least guess what "it" is. It can't be seen. It's not an entity( I assume that's your guess). It sparkles in the pools of my eyes. Please explain that.

It sounds like to me that you understand "life" as'god'. If all things died(ceased to function) then your god...or what you define as god, would also cease.....true?

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    Maybe you could at least guess what "it" is. It can't be seen. It's not an entity( I assume that's your guess). It sparkles in the pools of my eyes. Please explain that.

This is not for me to answer for you. You, first hand, have to realize what sparkles from your eyes, and all eyes. This is important, Gumby. if I could give you the answer you seek, I wouldn't. It's your sincere and earnest desire to see that is the key; and as I said before, no one can hand you what you truly are.

It sounds like to me that you understand "life" as'god'. If all things died(ceased to function) then your god...or what you define as god, would also cease.....true?

No. Look deep into your existence and see that the opposite of death is birth, and both happen within Life which remains untouched.

I'm not attempting to spread some new beliefs, but rather entice people to be still and look deeper into our intimate sense of being to see what has been missed. Don't believe anything I say. Turn awarness inwards though. Yes, be present and look into what is looking.

j

• hooberus
    hooberus
    hooberus:

The human race cannot be decended from the restricted gene pool of 8 'post-flood' humans, much less 2 'edenic' ones!

why not?
    Now hooberus, you already know the answer to that one. Observed rates of evolution are far too slow to explain all the different alleles in the human species if we are descended from two humans a trifling 6,000 years ago.

Creationists assert that humanity began as 2 individuals around six thousand years ago. But this cannot account for the current genetic diversity we see in humans, since two people can carry four alleles (at most) between them for any given locus (Each person has two copies of each gene one from the father, and one from the mother, each copy being called an allele.). Furthermore, Creationists assert that humanity was again narrowed down to 8 people after the Flood. Again, this runs counter to everything we see in the current genetic diversity of human beings. (Never mind every other organism on the planet.)

A similar argument to these was previously responded to here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/39893/574203/post.ashx#574203
  • gumby
    gumby
    Look deep into your existence and see that the opposite of death is birth, and both happen within Life which remains untouched.

So what. What point are you trying to make about the fact that life is untouched? Life is life while it's alive. Once life is gone, it ceases to exist...so I'd say it was touched.

I'm not attempting to spread some new beliefs, but rather entice people to be still and look deeper into our intimate sense of being to see what has been missed. Don't believe anything I say. Turn awarness inwards though. Yes, be present and look into what is looking.

What do you mean...be present? You say look into whats looking. Who is the one that is looking, and where do I look to find out? You've got some splainin to do Lucy!

Gumby

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

hooberus

Dr Batten should know better. His reasoning appears to be based on two unproven assumptions. [1] That at some point in history humanity had not 'fallen', i.e. was perfect and [2] that about 4500 years ago there was a worldwide flood. Let him first prove those mere assertions then he can proceed to build a theory upon them.

I wish him luck.

Mutations are a reality in our fallen world. The creation model of earth history does not preclude mutations. Many variants of genes could have arisen since the Flood by mutations. Dr Batten
  • hooberus
    hooberus
    Dr Batten should know better. His reasoning appears to be based on two unproven assumptions. [1] That at some point in history humanity had not 'fallen', i.e. was perfect and [2] that about 4500 years ago there was a worldwide flood. Let him first prove those mere assertions then he can proceed to build a theory upon them.

I wish him luck.

nicolaou, you are the one on this thread that first made assertions (ie: that genetics somehow disproves the Genesis account) when you stated: "The human race cannot be decended from the restricted gene pool of 8 'post-flood' humans, much less 2 'edenic' ones!" - Therefore, perhaps you should "first prove" your own assertions.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I did, and in fact you quoted me in your previous post. Now unless Adam & Eve each had many more than 23 pairs of chromosomes (which would make them non-human) how would you account for the incredible genetic diversity that exists amongst humans today?

Remember, two people can carry four alleles at most between them for any given locus [The position that a given gene occupies on a chromosome.]

• marsh
    marsh

Hi Dave,

I will look for more info when I have time,It will not change my mind though as I am a believer .I have listened to the Paul Willis and Dr: Carl Wieland debate.Paul is an atheist and skeptic Carl is a believer, www.answersingenesis.org/docs2004/0323debate.asp?vPrint=1I also found http://www.answersingenesis.org/tj/v8/il/noah.asp SAFETYOF NOAH'S ARK IN A SEAWAYSafety in severe environments structural safety ,overturning stability,seakeaping quality

Genesis 6 :13 The Ark prepared

And God said to Noah .The end of all flesh has come before Me,for the earth is filled with violence through them;and behold I will destroy them with the earth,

14.Make yourself an ark of gopherwood;make rooms in the ark,and cover it inside and outside with pitch

15.And this is how you shall make it :the length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits,it's width fifty cubits,and it's height thirty cubits

16.You shall make a window for the ark,and you shall finish it to a cubit from above;and set the door of the ark in it's side.You shall make it with lower,second,and third decks.

17.And behold I Myself am bringing floodwaters on the earth,to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life;everything that is on the earth shall die.

22.Thus Noah did,according to all that God commanded him,so he did.

24.And the waters prevailed on the earth one hundred and fifty days.

8.Then God remembered Noah,and every living thing,and all the animals that were with him in the ark,And God made a wind to pass over the earth,and the waters subsided.

The fact of the flood remains, ideas come and go,Genesis testifies to it.Jesus and the apostles confirmed it and there is abundant global evidence for it.2 Peter 2: talks of the doom of false teachers and says about Noah.5.and did not spare the ancient world,but saved Noah,one of eight people,a preacher of righteousness,bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly.

The realisation of the reality of God's judgment by the flood in the past should warn us of the reality of the judgment to come.

Romans 8 34-39

Who is he who condemns ?it is Christ who died,and furthermore is also risen,who is even at the right hand of God,who also makes intercession for us.

35.Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation,or distress,or persecution,or famine.or nakedness.or peril.or sword?

36.as it is written.For your sake we are killed all day long,we are counted as sheep for the slaughter.

37.Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us

38 For I am persuaded that neither death,nor life,nor angels nor principalities nor powers ,nor things present nor things to come.

39.nor height nor depth,nor any other created thing,shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Bye for now

Godbless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit