Have you ever just wanted to pick up and leave?

by destroyedbyhate 40 Replies latest jw friends

• destroyedbyhate
    destroyedbyhate

Has anyone ever wanted to do that? To just leave and tell no one where you are going. Start over fresh in a new place where nobody judges you based on your past. To be in a place where you can be whoever you want. Maybe running away from my problems won't solve anything, but I guess you never know until you try.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Oh YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I'm all for running away from your problems via drugs, sex, ect.. when you get back its easier to put things in perspective.

GBL

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey destroyed, welcome to the board!

yes, i know just exactly what you are talking about. i have fantasies of just taking a bow and arrow, and a big bowie knife, and a 4 season tent, and a backpack full of survival gear, and just walking into the mountains for a couple of years. by myself. shed this old skin.

right now i live 4 blocks from the site of the old hostpital where i was born. everyone around here (the wits), know my history. i hate that. i am seriously considering moving to vancouver in the spring, and just living a new life.

TS

• destroyedbyhate
    destroyedbyhate

Yeah, being 28 and single for the first time in 10 years is a little strange. When you don't have much left but a bottle of Jack Daniels for company it makes you long for something new. Funny how you find out how many true friends you have when your life blows to s@$#.

• destroyedbyhate
    destroyedbyhate

Tetra, I know how that goes I live in the town where everyone knows who I am. I have been thinking about moving to a big city like LA or Seattle and get lost in trying to be a dirty rock star. Sounds like fun I think.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    yes, i know just exactly what you are talking about. i have fantasies of just taking a bow and arrow, and a big bowie knife, and a 4 season tent, and a backpack full of survival gear, and just walking into the mountains for a couple of years. by myself. shed this old skin.

Yes!

-ithinkisee

• chrissy
    chrissy

lol @ gbl. thats always one way to go...

hi destroyed. dont let hate ruin ya. ;o)

yes! you can run away from your problems and no, despite popular belief, they will not catch up with you...if you can time it right and outsmart them by planning carefully. you go and your problems will be behind you scratching their heads, thinking gee. what just happened?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    When you don't have much left but a bottle of Jack Daniels for company it makes you long for something new. Funny how you find out how many true friends you have when your life blows to s@$#.

Sounds like you've got a story to tell! Might make you feel better to share it. No pressure, your call.

In answer to your question, GAWD YES! I'd prolly manage to muck up my new life, too, but it would be nice to get a shot at it.

Welcome to the board!

Dave

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I did!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit