Have you ever just wanted to pick up and leave?

by destroyedbyhate 40 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I think about this every other day!

• damselfly
    damselfly

I do this every few years or so since I was 18. I'm sick of where I am now and am so ready to move on, hopefully by next fall I will have.

You sound like you need to vent, we're great listeners if you like.

Dams

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    I have been thinking about moving to a big city like LA or Seattle and get lost in trying to be a dirty rock star. Sounds like fun I think.

amen man! let's start a band...

we'll call it The Swamp. no no, better yet, The Frothing Apostates.

• dezpbem
    dezpbem

A few years back I was thinking of picking up and just moving to Australia. It was a serious thought but I didn't do it in the end. D

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Golly Gee - yes indeedy! That's my plan as soon as I sell my house. Start over. Sometimes a new physical location can make all the difference in the world. Keep posting, I'm new too and it's quite therapuetic to get it out.....

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

yeah i did it, got a new job here in Australia and upped and left, had enough of all my familys crap, seeing the same people all he time, nothing changing, so i said Eff the lot of them, and now im here.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Yes indeed, it was actually an important part of what allowed me to fade. I got tire of the rumor mill, living in the sahdow of my father (never treated as my own person [even by the age of 20] just as B__'s boy). Any time anything negative happened in my life, everyone for a 60-100 mile radius knew about it (grrrrrrr still chaps me a little). After working in a deadend job employed by JW's for 4 years, I located a job roughly 2 states away and started over. It was much easier to make the break and get to know myself without the local rumor mill and family influence.

Big Willy

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

To just leave and tell no one where you are going. Start over fresh in a new place where nobody judges you based on your past. To be in a place where you can be whoever you want. Maybe running away from my problems won't solve anything, but I guess you never know until you try.

Been there don’t that. Ended up right back where I started.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Ohhhh yes!

This is the reason I live in the middle of nowhere in Alaska. Wouldn't give it up for a million bucks.

• Frog
    Frog

heya dbh,

Totally know where you're coming from matey, I still have those thoughts even a few years on from the height of all the madness. Thing is though that I have picked up and moved on a few times now, and yet I still get the itch sometimes to disappear completely. So, I think those moments when you think it's a realy solution, are more about escaping the pain of our situations. I've moved far enough away now from everyone I ever knew, and family, to a place that feels more like home than I've ever felt before, it really fits me. My family all know where I am, and I've been pretty fortunate enough to reconcile with a few of them, and become really close again, something I'd never have dreamed of a few years ago. So, while I think it's really valuable to spend a couple of years shedding your old skin (as ts says), I think it's important to touch base now and then with those you've left behind, just to give them a chance. I just think that otherwise you'll cause yourself even more pain by trying to banish them from your memory. Eventually though, we have to leave all the crapola behind mentally, not just physically. I really needed those few years of being on the move and soul searching, it was the right thing for me at the time. Anyways, you too will find your space and place in time:).

Frog, of the knows exactly where you're comin from class:) x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit