Have you ever just wanted to pick up and leave?

by destroyedbyhate 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Frog
    Frog

yo skinnyboy, didn't realise you're not a yocal like the rest of us! Drop me a pm, and tell me more?! frog x

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

many many many times... i think about it often, but then i realize, some of the things i love most would be left behind... maybe im a chicke,... i still wanna do it, for a little while at least...

the infamous one

• Frog
    Frog

...and you totally should infamous, would do you a world of good...you can always come back to what you've left behind, but it'll never be the same as when you left it...but that's not necessarily a bad thing:) x

• Es
    Es

HELL YEAH,

I actually suffer from generalized anxiety disorder and so i can find something to stress about and really turn it in to 100% worse, and so any little thing can set me off and i sit there and stress about it, it could be finances, it could be work related, home related anything, i often think of just disappearing where no one can contact me or know me.

I know how you feel

es

• Frog
    Frog

sounds like we might have to weight you down on your wedding day es babe!...don't want you pullin a runaway bride act in a coupla weeks;) x

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

yo skinnyboy, didn't realise you're not a yocal like the rest of us! Drop me a pm, and tell me more?! frog x

p.s. you on MSN yet or what?

• Golf
    Golf

It sounds like you need a vacation, take one. We all need to 'regroup' every now and then, no harm done.

Golf

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I have wanted to pick up and leave and I did do it.

I moved from California to Massachusetts. It was the best thing that I have ever done for myself. I moved away from my family and stood up on my own 2 feet.

The only bad thing is being close to my husbands JW family and friends. But it has taught me to be very self reliant and made me strong in so many ways.

WG

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi DBH! Yes I have! Finally we will be doing just that very soon. I don't want to give details now, you understand why.

Blueblades

• luna2
    luna2

I used to have dreams about this when I was younger. I'd dream that I'd get in my car and just start driving west...no destination, no plans...just drive away.

When I first moved out here to CT and discovered that my parents' promises and assurances mean virtually nothing if they have to do something they don't want to do, the dream returned. I wish now that I'd gotten my money back from them, taken my boys and started over someplace else, but at the time I was in poor health and still a JW (looking toward that paradise earth, doncha know), so I stayed here and tried to make it work.

Now, I'm no longer a JW, my younger son is an adult living on his own and talks of moving to Florida, my parents are working to sell their business here and move to Texas, and my oldest son is buried nearby. I imagine that in a year or so, I will be totally on my very own for the first time in my life. I guess I don't need to run away to start over any more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit