What do you _really_ think?

by daystar 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Jez
    Jez
    are you into them jez? Obviously you've expended your time posting to a thread that you have no interest in. Does that mean you have an interest in it? Perhaps you are better and therefore above such fluff and silliness. After all, you are a fairy. So perhaps you might want to firmly remove that wand from up your nethers so that you can see clearly how to remove the wand from mine.

Um, into what? If you mean Neopets, no, but my kids are. The title of this thread is misleading...I started to read it because of the title and then I realized it is just another pathetic plea for compliments, attention and validation that "I am ok and well liked". I am not better than anyone. I know myself and don't need to ask strangers to tell me who I am. You prove my point, you don't know me, and yet you make statements above that indicate, via a few lines of mine, that you do. Hmmm, interesting, I didn't know that this thread was for 'positive comments only', should have come with a warning label. Jez

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I don't care if it is a plea for self validation, I'll bite. We were raised in a cult where our self respect was damaged, at least a lot of us were. I for one was continually told that anything I did well was not by my own doing but gods and that I needed to remember that I was a sinner, blah blah blah. Add that to an abusive household and you get very low self esteem. Men got to make that up with the power trip of headship. Not so us wimminz.

So... having said all that...

Daystar, I enjoy reading your posts. You seem like someone that is respectful of everyone's path in life. I like that. Life is a journey and its too short to hang out with people that abuse you for any reason. You are a decent person. Hope to hear lots more from you.

Sherry

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke
    Um, into what? If you mean Neopets, no, but my kids are. The title of this thread is misleading...I started to read it because of the title and then I realized it is just another pathetic plea for compliments, attention and validation that "I am ok and well liked". I am not better than anyone. I know myself and don't need to ask strangers to tell me who I am. You prove my point, you don't know me, and yet you make statements above that indicate, via a few lines of mine, that you do. Hmmm, interesting, I didn't know that this thread was for 'positive comments only', should have come with a warning label.

Its a good thing to know oneself. Sometimes however, people are not aware of how they come off, they need a mirror. I have no idea the reason for daystar making his topic. Obviously you must have had some congress with him to be able to suss out his intentions so keenly. I am quite impressed. So, are you guilty of the same "crime" you accuse me of?

I don't have to know you to interpret your comment as judgemental of someones intentions. Your comments were directed to an entire group that you seem very capable and able to judge. Therefore I find it amazing your state of alarm when such judgements are turned back toward you. Makes one go hmmm.

Again, pull that wand out of your nethers. Oh my bad, I should ask since I don't know you. Jez, from your overall judgemental comments to many not just in this thread, it would seem that you have a foreign object lodged firmly in your nethers. Is that so? If it is, could you pull it out? Do you need some help? It seems to be causing an inward pain that makes your outward statements caustic. Ahhh there we go. Much better. Would you like some salve?

• daystar
    daystar

Jez

I can't help if people didn't want to bite and be critical of me. But for you to assume that mine was a "pathetic plea for compliments, attention and validation"? ... ...

Kudos to you! Finally someone throwing some critique my way! I totally disagree though.

I didn't want compliments, attention, or validation. Well, maybe some attention. What I wanted was for someone to throw some critical comments my way. You've done that, but you've seen the comments people made and transferred the general feel of those into what I must have wanted in the first place, which it's not exactly.

I wanted people to come in here, and no matter what it was, tell me exactly what they feel. You read my initial entry. Why don't you take it as it is?

Now, let me tell you why I asked what I asked. I get the feeling sometimes that people censor themselves out of politeness. This does no one any good. I get less of an accurate idea of the image I'm portraying into the world. I may feel all warm and fuzzy about myself, but I'm less interested in that than I am in getting a more accurate reflection of myself back from people.

Now, would you like to address any specific beef you have with me?

• Now What?
    Now What?

I always like reading your posts. I don't always agree with your point of view, but when I don't I usually walk away with a better sense of my own thoughts. So I like seeing your name in a thread. I always learn something one way or other from your posts. You get two-thumbs up here

NW?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

You seem pretty even-handed. We have disagreed, but I'd be worried about both of us if we didn't.

Censoring ourselves is a mechanism humans develop in infancy to increase the odds of support. Comes with the whole "being human" thing. Some people don't censor themselves [cough!]SamKenneson[cough!], and some people probably should have censored themselves [cough!]NathanBedfordForrest[cough!], and some people probably should eventually be censored by force [cough!]AdolfHitler[cough!].

But I don't like censorship of others until they cross my external intolerance boundary. I am far less tolerant where I am concerned than I am where others are concerned, to me that is the essence of allowing room for conscience.

AuldSoul

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

Well Daystar,

I have read some of the comments and everyone seems to know you better then me so I will leave it at that ... but I could relate to the earlier comments of anxiety regarding meeting at an Apostatefest. My first one was last weekend at Hemp's. I was a little apprehensive at first but it turned out to be a great experience. However I can see why a person would not want to start off with a party like that.

So if you want to get just a few of the Dallasite posters to meet up at a Chilli's or something in town for their famous molten chocolate cake with ice cream topper then just let me know. I'll risk my ass getting big for the occasion.

Many Smiles ....

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

And Dez ... u seem like a really cool dude. Stay just how you are and your 'Lady in Shining Armor' will 'loose her shoe' at your doorstep in no time.

• Jez
    Jez
    Therefore I find it amazing your state of alarm when such judgements are turned back toward you.

I am not alarmed. If I was alarmed, you would have known it because I would have added this all telling cute little emotion behind my words that would have cued you as to the all the little nuances behind my words that you can only get in person, but for you...I would have added this.... or this

But I am just shrugging my shoulders and saying, Insulting me does not prove your point, it proves mine.

Daystar, I don't even know you. But thanks for saying that I am the only one that offered any constructive critism, everyone else gave fluff, and that is not what you asked for. Now, I do admire you for not getting defensive, as most would and one did, rather reading, listening, accepting or disregarding what you do not agree with. Impressive....

Jez

• daystar
    daystar

jez

Thank you for your kind comments.

I swore I would not hold grudges. *shrug*

Later kids!

Daystar out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit