What do you _really_ think?

by daystar 86 Replies latest jw friends

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

well, u smell funny, ur a fat lard, and ur breat is very evry bad... HA HA HA

now, i already know yall think im too cocky... but what else do we think of the infamous one??

the infamous one

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

daystar ~ you seem supportive of most on the board. Truly, I look forward to your posts. Perhaps that is because of the honesty but probably more than that I'd say it was the way you tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. As much as you share with us the bright spots regarding your son, you seem to broadcast decoy information. I imagine that in your private life you guard your affections to a great deal. I do appreciate that you have said pivotal things to me at pivotal times. For that I am grateful and in your debt. There are times though where it looks like you hold back. Not sure why.

I'm game for turn about. It is after all, fair play.

• daystar
    daystar
    you seem supportive of most on the board.

I really am. Though I think I come across as a bit of an ass at times, but I really do mean it in a good way.

As much as you share with us the bright spots regarding your son, you seem to broadcast decoy information.

Hmm, how so?

I imagine that in your private life you guard your affections to a great deal.

Ah, now you show a deal of insight. I do, I do. There are probably only four people with whom I don't; my son, my sister, and her two daughters. Unconditional love.

I do appreciate that you have said pivotal things to me at pivotal times. For that I am grateful and in your debt. There are times though where it looks like you hold back. Not sure why.

It's funny how people can say things that have more meaning than they intend, and at just the right moments! You are absolutely not in my debt in any case, for any thing.

And you're generally right that I do hold back. It's the whole self-defense mechanism. But, I think it's understandable given my current circumstances and my past experience. I hold back in more ways than one.

An example: this weekend I took my son to Chuck E. Cheese's with my sister and her family. There was this... stunning girl there with some of her family. No wedding ring, no man with her. I could not keep my eyes off of her. I felt she was probably a bit out of my league. I didn't mention her to anyone, but my sister later pointed her out to me. (She knows me so well.) I told my sister what I thought. But the whole time, I never approached her. My sister talked with me about her and when I told her I thought she was a bit out of my league, my sister said she absolutely was not. But, I still could not bring myself to approach her. Not even after the woman flashed me a very broad smile as she walked past me and my son.

I've been kicking myself, hard, for the past two days. How's that for holding back?

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

as to the girl, I've been in that situation. I promised myself that I'd never let another moment like that pass me by. What is the worst that would happen? I'd make an ass of myself and then have a funny story to tell? Yeah. I just start talking. I let the animal side take over and just begin. It usually turns out well.

"I noticed you when I walked in and I wanted to take a second to come and find out what you were like."

As much as you share with us the bright spots regarding your son, you seem to broadcast decoy information.

Hmm, how so?

Realizing of course that we are all just 1's and 0's with little to no face, no voice and no true prescence you still keep us at arms length. Rarely do you post things or start topics that are revealing. We know the ass routine. We know that you are a good dad. With the smallness of your social circle in "real life" this is a haven for you marked by the fact that most of the time you are the largest contributor to posts by far actually. With that said you seem to spend your posting time in support of others but rarely allowing others to do you that same service. I know this because Tyler knows this. By that I mean, I'm that way. Sometimes I realize my limitations and know that I need support. I have to force myself to post personal things. I don't slip, I don't accidently say anything. Probably because I am an ultra private person who builds a wall using decoy information to project to most that they are close to me, when really they know only what I want them to. You know this because Tyler knows this. This is what you are too. I think you are probably the best manipulator that you know but you don't use that quality because you despise it but it has kept you safe. Okay I'm getting nauseous from the armchair psychology.

• daystar
    daystar
    I think you are probably the best manipulator that you know but you don't use that quality because you despise it but it has kept you safe.

My mother taught me well. My father keeps me balanced.

Yeah. I just start talking. I let the animal side take over and just begin. It usually turns out well.

Give me a few months for life to settle a bit. I'll be telling a different story, I'm sure.

you seem to spend your posting time in support of others but rarely allowing others to do you that same service.

There are reasons for this... well, obviously. You know as well as most here, that in many ways, being raised as a JW tends to keep one weak. A JW, growing up, is sheltered from the world. A JW child is kept from being challenged in many, many ways... no sports, no friends outside the religion, no extra-curricular activities. If one is raised closely in line with the rules the WTBS sets, as I was, weakness (meekness) is nurtured, while strength of character is rather discouraged. As always, your mileage may vary.

I seek to resolve this within myself. I see it as a character flaw. I've made good progress in the past few years. I am well aware I have further to go. However, I also have to make sure I don't push aside those traits that are rather softer, compassion, kindness... There is that risk.

Okay I'm getting nauseous from the armchair psychology.
    Oh, don't I know what you mean!
  • coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

okay daystar, I'm ready for it. Hit me. Return the favor

• daystar
    daystar

I really don't have any criticisms at all... I think I'd like to read you bitch-slap someone here, just once. But other than that, I got nothin'.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

There was bitchslapping in one thread toward a certain disabled pity party throwing member of this forum, but it got kinda heated with him and several other posters and therefore was deleted. I'll keep that in mind though.

TO DO LIST:

1) Begin routine rituial bitch slappings. CHECK

• Jez
    Jez

Attention whores, anyone that is into these "do you like me? if not, why?" You can't 'know' people using this medium alone.

Reminds me of Neopets with a bunch of 12 year olds on it.

Jez

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

are you into them jez? Obviously you've expended your time posting to a thread that you have no interest in. Does that mean you have an interest in it? Perhaps you are better and therefore above such fluff and silliness. After all, you are a fairy. So perhaps you might want to firmly remove that wand from up your nethers so that you can see clearly how to remove the wand from mine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit