What do you _really_ think?

by daystar 86 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar
    I think you are very introspective, perhaps too much at times.

Heh heh, you wouldn't believe how many times I've gotten that!

I think that you have not met any of the others in Texas yet because even though you are intrigued, you enjoy your anonmitity (sp?) on the board and are unsure of reactions on both sides.. Be brave and go party already!

Quite close. I don't remain so anonymous out of choice though. Since my separation and subsequent divorce, I've been living with my parents, both active JW to one extent or another. I don't want to risk causing them any trouble by someone in their cong. finding out I'm here.

The reasons I've not ended up going... Well, when Andi (billygoat) had hers just recently, I was starting to get a bit sick. And then earlier that day, I started to have what I can only describe as an anxiety attack. I had never had one before. As soon as I called Andi to tell her I wouldn't be able to make it, the anxiety dropped away. That got me really thinking.

I intended on going to the one last weekend, but my sister wanted me to go out with her the Friday before since she never gets out of the house and we hadn't hung out in a while, and I simply was too hungover the next day.

But yeah, there are still issues I need to deal with.

Thanks Dams. Anytime I see that you've commented on a thread, I always look to see what you have to say. You seem very sweet.

• forsharry
    forsharry

I'm new here, but I like reading your posts. You, AlmostAtheist, and of course my personal Flav, Tetra are posters I always look for. Although I read just about all of the postings so maybe that wasn't an accurate statement totally.

Seriously, I like your responses...you generally stick to the facts and don't get all indignant and such..but you've got pep. I like pep.

Beer is good too. So is tequila...but it makes me mean.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

ok...I'll bite. I'll take comments from the group regarding me.

Lisa

• daystar
    daystar
    I have to say I like what I see so far.You appear to be a straight-shooter with a bit of a glint in your eye.

Thanks! I try to be a straight-shooter. After so many years as a dub, learning to to be sneaky and obtuse, I'm learning to bare it all and let the world know who I really am.

I'd have a beer with you. Don't know yet if I'd do tequila shots with you or not...

Well, fortunately for you, I won't do tequila shots with anyone. I get way, way, way too crazy doing multiple shots.

• dezpbem
    dezpbem

Arrowstar

From what i've seen you seem super sweet and have a good sense of humor. Also seems like you know how to have fun

Dez

• daystar
    daystar

Dave, thanks! I'll reinforce the blasphemy. I have never read any of Douglas Adams' books. *gasp*

• daystar
    daystar

*Me and, Mrs. Jonesssss...*

You're cool too.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar
    I'd have a beer with you. Don't know yet if I'd do tequila shots with you or not...
    Well, fortunately for you, I won't do tequila shots with anyone. I get way, way, way too crazy doing multiple shots.

See, now...there's that glint I was talking about earlier. Please do try and join us at the next 'fest. Heck, join us for Thanksgiving meal. We'd love to have you join us.

Lisa

• daystar
    daystar

Thanks lola. I don't have a really good picture in my mind of what you're like. But you seem sweet and smart.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I think we are a lot a like in some ways.

The reasons I've not ended up going... Well, when Andi (billygoat) had hers just recently, I was starting to get a bit sick. And then earlier that day, I started to have what I can only describe as an anxiety attack. I had never had one before. As soon as I called Andi to tell her I wouldn't be able to make it, the anxiety dropped away. That got me really thinking.

The first time I was supposed to meet Kwin and family and Talesin ( all very sweet and funny by the way ) I had anxiety all week, drank too much at the bar with girls I didn't know all that well ( double whammy on stressful situations ) and spent most of the next day with a massive migraine and vomiting. I was still determined to go thou because I knew I was making myself sick so I would have an excuse to cancel. My boyfriend acutually had to pull over on the highway just in time for me to be sick all over my flip flops. So the first time they meet me, I'm hungover and oh so lookin' my best The anxiety was completely gone within the first 10 minutes. Now we want to get together it's just hard with our schedules.

Maybe just try meeting one on one? Might be less anxiety for you. I can't wait to meet certain Texas people.

Dams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit