Nationwide elders' campaign to find JWs using www.myspace.com?

by rebel8 49 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I soon as learned (4 months ago here at jwd) that myspace is dub underground i made two apostate blogs there.

For ongoing 36 hours now my recent hardhitting anti-watchtower press release on a Napal news outlet (other side of the world) is top ranking for JW keywords click JW news on google bar.It's even top rank news for Bangor Maine not a hick town folks.

I am just a determined disabled carpenter with a secondary educ.It is truly a marvel what a level playing field we have with the www.

The wt has $200 billion in assets and i dominate their news from my cabin in Maine.Four years ago i didn't know how to turn a PC ON!

• sf
    sf

Go Danny, go!!! Danny Danny, he's our man, if he can't stomp Them, no one can!!

I know, it's a bit corny, yet my heart IS in it.

sKally

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    some of you may not want to believe that the JWS do this kind of thing, but in middle 90's I asked and received a list of current known apostate screenames and e-mail addys. I had it my hand.

Hehe! I was on that list!!! OOOOhhhhhh big, bad, scary me! LOL!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Sir 82 - Perhaps the Society could not get the letter out in Mongolese yet. Sometimes it trails in those tough tongues you know.

Not with MEPS!!! Haven't you been to Bethel and seen the magic of MEPS itself???

Seriously, as a myspace user, I can tell you that navigation is limited with out registering as a member. By registering, any elder would be committing the very crime he is out to punish!

But really, myspace lies come and go in all groups. its not new.

• Dune
    Dune

A girl told me that the elders in a district in florida are cracking down on the teenaged use of Xanga...

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

• DIM
    DIM

I don't know if there was a letter or not, but I do know that several people in the philadelphia suburb congregations got into trouble over myspace (according to my sister)

• DIM
    DIM

I only left 3 1/2 years ago, and there was NO RULE AGAINST COMPUTERS... are you guys nuts? Everyone had computers in my congregation (Willow Grove, PA) The articles in the magazines never said anything about it either....possible hard line elders you were dealing with? I only remember the scare tactics about being really careful on the internet.

• rebel8
    rebel8

This is one of those situations when they are not coming out and saying it's a "rule", but there are definite admonitions against it in the literature: Kingdom Ministry 2/1999; Watchtower 5/1/2000; Kingdom Ministry, 9/2002 [For Britain], p. 8.

Countless JWs have stated they are stopping internet forum/chat use because the elders told them to stop.

• DIM
    DIM

yeah the internet, and chat forums...I remember those days well... but the comments about no computers and the such, are really silly - there was never anything ever said about that EVER from the stage or IN PRINT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit