Nationwide elders' campaign to find JWs using www.myspace.com?

by rebel8 49 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

This was posted on http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=messageboard.viewThread&entryID=8659411&groupID=100205476&adTopicID=27&Mytoken=0B2C7BA0-19A8-493E-B7D71DE149831B6B768857454 yesterday. Is it true? Imbedding the page below. In case the poster changes his post, here is what it says now:

I'm sending this msg to warn you about da possibility of having elders coming to visit you about ur myspace. Letters were sent to *ALL* the congregations in the US about a nationwide search that is being conducted to search for j/w on myspace. Some have even lost their priveleges about this the brothers have said the its bad association!!!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

If you go to the forum go to the one entitled "Everyone delete yourself from the group" and others you will see that some of them are concerned about the infiltration of apostates.

• sir82
    sir82

False, and a little more paranoid than usual.

A huge number of congregations have few or no elders under the age of 70, and who have rarely or never even turned a computer on, much less surfed the internet.

And the Society is going to send a letter to "all congregations" saying "go to this particular website, look for anyone you recognize, and remove their privileges"?

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

I thought they weren't s'posed to go on the wicked ol' internet?? Oh, maybe there was new light?

• Bryan
    Bryan
    A huge number of congregations have few or no elders under the age of 70

I find this a bit hard to believe. Do you have proof of this?

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

This is a good reminder of the paranoia we used to live with.

steve

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy
    A huge number of congregations have few or no elders under the age of 70, and who have rarely or never even turned a computer on, much less surfed the internet.

That is not true. There are a lot of elders all over the place in their 30s and elders in their 50s, 60s and 70s who use their computers all the time. In fact, I have known many older elders who had computers long before everbody else had one and before MS Windows operating system came out and this is in Arkansas, one of the poorest states in the US; so it would not surprise me that they try to spy in different areas looking for people online.

• sf
    sf

I love it!! This is great, on so many levels.

Some of these ignorant ones have provided everything one needs to 'mark' them as "bad association".

It is clear too, that they do not take the FDS's instruction on basically staying off the wicked, evil, apostate-ridden internet.

But really, for the WTBTS to actually think they will be able to totally and optimally keep their sheep from treading into dangerous territory, they are expecting too much.

My hopes are that these renegade, internet jws will somehow revolt over this and not just take it as "food in due season" provided by the FDS/ GB, which ultimately, as they believe, is Jehovah god Himself telling them to stay off the net. LOLOLOLOL

It is becoming pretty clear that the internet is as basic as having at least five veggies a day! LOL!!!

BON APPETIT!!!

I love these threads of rebellious jws on the net. Reminds me of the old chat days. Many of them wised up.

sKally

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

My parents told me (dad's an elder) they have a computer in their Hall! I guess it's in the library or something, on a desk. I could hardly believe it, when they are blabbering again lately against having one at home!

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

As mentioned this statement is completely untrue. The Society is pushing younger and younger ones to reach to be MS and elders. The computer is a fact of life for anyone working at any type of office job, and many in Bethel use them as well (computers).

Interesting thread, would not surprise me if there is some effort to councel the rank and file from doing this.

OC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit