Nationwide elders' campaign to find JWs using www.myspace.com?

by rebel8 49 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Perhaps a "huge number" is inaccurate. How about a "significant number"?

I of course have no proof, just basing it on anecdotal evidence.

However, I still contend that there are large numbers of computer illiterate elders out there.

In any case, no such letter has been sent to "all congregations". Neither our congregation, nor any in the immeidate area, received such a letter.

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

Well, lets put it this way, I am 51 and most of the elders in my hall are younger than me and are the one visiting me due to my lack of service and poor meeting attendance. The other congregations I have been with in the last 5 years have men in their 40s, 50s, 60s as elders. And I have noticed that the Society is very willing to allow late 20 somethings to be elders as well.

OC

• sf
    sf

Keep in mind too, that the WTBTS/ elders/ moles only really need the town, in which to contact each cong in that area.

Incidently, quite a few months back, maybe a year, I called WTBTS and spoke at length about how jws interact on the net and what would be a simple way to basically weed out the unruly ones: Write a letter to each cong. At every meeting for a month or two, ask the entire cong through a written survey who has internet, who is on internet, how many hours a day, what sites do you visit, are registered on, do you google, WHAT ARE YOU SCREEN NAMES, etc.

Seems some of that advice has not taken hold. As you can see, these jws provide enough info on themselves to bust each and every one of them!

Look, the biggest danger the jws face on the superhighway is running up against what they f.e.a.r. the most...the truth, about THE TRUTH. And whom knows more about that, than apostates that are driven by TRUTH?

No matter how they WTBTS tries to control the truth from coming out, it's too late. They should see this by now. IT IS TOO LATE!!

It is obvious that these jws on the net do not trust that Jehovah wants them off the internet, as instructed by Jehovah/ FDS/GB. Might as well slap him in the face.

Bottom line is, IT'S TOO LATE TED!!

sKally

• wednesday
    wednesday

not offically but they do pass things around to their friends.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I'm a member of this group and another JW group on myspace. They have been making these exact same posts on other JW groups for a while. What I noticed is that the JW's aren't deleting their myspace accounts. Instead, they are changing their names, pictures and personal information so elders don't know who they are.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Hehe... *rolls eyes*

Yeah, it just hit me. No other religion has "apostates". The only reason we have to deal with apostates is because they know that it is the truth in the back of their mind. You know what I think? I think apostates try and convince other people that the truth is wrong because it makes them feel like they made the "right" choice... They are just trying to ease their own guilty minds... Funny.
  • jula71
    jula71

Odrade, Mormons use the label "apostate" as well. But the Mormons almost perfectly parallel the JW's, it's almost uncanny.

It would be interesting to hear from any current elders out there what is going on with this. Nowadays elders are getting younger and younger, I even know of a CO in his mid-30's. So any actions against internet sites that contain info like that would not surprise me at all. Not solely due to ages but to the levels of control and trying to keep control.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

This is the only xjw forum I use. I have revealed plenty, I am faded, and have no negative effects yet. Of course I am shunned, and that would have happened, internet or not.

How is it these guys are more prone to 'get caught' than on JWD?

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Nowadays elders are getting younger and younger, I even know of a CO in his mid-30's.

I never could respect those 'still dripping behind the ears' elders.

What a joke. These baby faced kids trying to help older people deal with life, when they have just gotten the Pampers off.

Jeff

• clear2c
    clear2c

Letter claiming that myspace is wicked or evil or something slanderous could get them (WTBS)in ALOT of trouble. 2ยข I am pretty sure the WTBS is very careful of the wording since they are jehovahs lawyers....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit