I'm sorry but

by toer5777 183 Replies latest jw friends

• Jez
    Jez
    What other religion beleive in a paradise here in earth and is preaching and saying that all the bad things going on in the world such as death, drugs, war, rape, murders will come to an end.

What motivated you to come to this site?

I use to believe the above too, but alot of other religions preach the exact same thing as above. You are taught to feel that you are in a religion that is exclusive, special and unique, but you are not. Go see for yourself, don't believe me or anyone else.

Jez

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Defd---Is that you?!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Give me a break. defd's writing style is completely different than toer's. You guys forget how much JW's think alike.

• emcee
    emcee

From my reading of his post, it sounds like Toer is studying with JWs, believing everything he reads and hears, but hasn't been "baptised" yet. I've been studying with a JW acquantaince for about a year and have tried to stop it politely many a time. What can I say, these people are persistent!!! Last week I finally presented my JW friend a range of issues / concerns that I learned from this site and others such as Freeminds. It's funny now that I've presented my apostate literature my friend wants to return with another sister who is a better "teacher" than she is. Poor thing, she really believes that I'm having trouble with certain issues because she's not doing a good job of explaining things!

Toer, as you were raised in a Catholic family, you should be aware that the Catholic bibles such as Douay-Rheims or Douay-Challoner have an additional seven books that Protestant bibles omit. These are known as deuterocanonical books and are Tobit, Judith, Wisdom, Sirach (Ecclesiasticus), Baruch, and 1 and 2 Maccabees. Therefore the New World Translation (NWT) is missing seven books, and when the JWs talk about the NWT being the most accurate translation - there's the first major problem.

However the JW religion is Protestant based, and so (to compare apples with applies) I concentrated on documenting the well-known and accepted mistranslations of the New World Translation (NWT) compared to the most popular bibles eg. NIV, NISV, KJV. Since I'm not a scholar and I'm extremely time-poor, I looked up various websites that did this much better I ever could. I would invite you to look at the following websites. And a big thanks to JWD posters who shared these links -- they were truly illuminating.

http://www.ankerberg.com/Articles/_PDFArchives/apologetics/AP3W0699.pdf

http://www.contenderministries.org/jehovahswitnesses/nwt.php

101 questions every Jehovah's Witness should be asked using the NWT - http://www.webshowplace.com/question/101quest.html

You'll need to copy and paste the above links into your browser. Hope this helps with your questions.

emcee

• I quit!
    I quit!
    I've been studying with a JW acquantaince for about a year and have tried to stop it politely many a time. What can I say, these people are persistent!!! Last week I finally presented my JW friend a range of issues / concerns that I learned from this site and others such as Freeminds. It's funny now that I've presented my apostate literature my friend wants to return with another sister who is a better "teacher" than she is. Poor thing, she really believes that I'm having trouble with certain issues because she's not doing a good job of explaining things!

Now that you are presenting information from so called apostate sites emcee I don't think it will be too long before they stop coming. The more experienced JW will probably put an end to it pretty quick. They don't like to be confused with facts. Anyone who has been a JW long knows when to cut and run. If for some reason they still want to come I would get Ray Fanz book or another book by an ex jw and show them what you are finding in it and ask them to read it. I think that will do the trick. But who knows maybe you will open their minds and they will begin to think and free themselves for the Watchtower bondage. You really never know what they are thinking even when they are defending the WT.

• juni
    juni

Hi Toer,

How long have you been a Witness? I started in1970. How do you feel about the subject of their need for more and more money donations? That was one thing that turned us off w/the mainstream religions and now it seems like the JW Org. is doing the same thing. How about the over abundance of rules even down to the minute i.e. how many paper towels to use to dry your hands at assemblies. Thanks for answering. Juni

• toer5777
    toer5777

It's sad that so many people die try to preach to others, and you guys being x JW have refused his organization.

What its to strict?

Let me guess you can't have drugs, nor fornication?

Right I'm sorry where should I go and find the truth outside the so called cult?

What is it that you guys beleive in?

• toer5777
    toer5777

Juni how do i feel abouth the subjext of more money donations

I'm sorry I have been a Jehovah Withness as a child and they never ask me for money nor pass little trays around to preassure me into doing so.

Oh yeah they did ask for money recently? To help in New Orleans for the JW and the not JW to reconstruct there house.

Yes they were helping people outside there cult!

• daystar
    daystar
    you guys being x JW have refused his organization.

It's not His organization. That is the deal.

What its to strict?

You know what? That is not a problem for me. I believe that discipline can be a good thing as long as the goals to which it is applied are legitimate. But they rather just sort of make stuff up.

Right I'm sorry where should I go and find the truth outside the so called cult?
    Anywhere and everywhere. But more specifically within yourself.
  • Enigma One
    Enigma One

The programming at work Toer.

JW's love to give the impression that the only reason people leave the Borg is because they "can't live up to the standards". Ha Ha
    What a joke. They do this so you can feel superior about yourself, yet also make you feel extremely guilty when you fall short of the glory of God.

The funny thing is....the folks here care more about your spirituality than any JW's do. Hey if you want to be a Witnoid...knock yourself out. But you refused to answer my question.....HONESTLY HOW MANY HOURS HAVE YOU SPENT RESEARCHING OTHER RELIGIONS AND BELIEF SYSTEMS? Are you afraid learning about other's beliefs will undermine your own beliefs somehow? Did Jesus not implore his follows to hold things up to the light and challenge your thinking?

Why do you think the JW's are so adamant about not allowing their followers to read any religious material outside of the WTBS? What do they have to hide?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit