I'm sorry but

by toer5777 183 Replies latest jw friends

• toer5777
    toer5777

I have not yet to find another organization in the world that is like JW. Yes it has made mistakes, there imperfect humans, but what other organization in the world goes preaching house to house like jesus did. Why is that jw are persecuted all over the world? I guess the words of John 15:20,21 are coming true.

I beleive and respect elders, yes and I think that sincerely you guys should sit back and analyze that yes the Watchtower has made mistakes but it is ruled by Jehovah.

What other religion beleive in a paradise here in earth and is preaching and saying that all the bad things going on in the world such as death, drugs, war, rape, murders will come to an end.

Judas 8:11 I think you shoud read it.

Lucas 6:46

mathew 28:19,20

• toer5777
    toer5777

Also Romans 16:17,18 We are living and very bad times and coming from a family that are catholics I know that end is near. What is the world going to stay like this?

• Spectre
    Spectre

Wow, I just said almost the same thing on another thread. Of course, one needs to see my comment in context.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

You comments show just how little research you have done into other religions. Honestly ask yourself how many hours have you spent REALLY researching the answers to your questions? There are groups and religions out there that do meet the bar you've stated. I'm not trying to bust your chops but make you stop and think about what you just posted. Where in the bible did Jesus say that you needed an organized religion to be part of his people? I must have missed that verse / chapter.

I'm sure many will chime in with the various groups....but I honestly feel you owe it to yourself to figure it out for your own spirituality. Unless you fear undermining your beliefs by exploring others?

• Odrade
    Odrade

::::I have not yet to find another organization in the world that is like JW.
    thank god. Although I would say there ARE other organizations similar to the JWs. They would like you to believe they have an exclusive lock on certain beliefs or behaviour. Unfortunately, they do not. There is really not much truly unique about the JWs, other than the fact that they have damaged so many people that it is one of the more widely criticized organization on the net.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    I beleive and respect elders, yes and I think that sincerely you guys should sit back and analyze that yes the Watchtower has made mistakes but it is ruled by Jehovah.

How can you tell it's ruled by Jehovah?

How can you tell that any other organization -- say Microsoft -- isn't run by Jehovah?

(I'm serious, can you show how you'd verify it?)

Judas 8:11 I think you shoud read it.

I'm not familiar with that book, maybe you could quote it here?

Dave of the "worried he's being railroaded ala googlemagoogle" class

• horrible life
    horrible life

The Mormans and the Baptists, have each knocked on my door. I think the television evangelists, reach more people than JW's do. Granted, they don't have to check out little cards with maps from the kingdom hall. They probably use Yahoo or Google to get a map. Just like you did today, looking for us.

I am so very glad to have you here. If you will put your hands on top of your monitor, and your forehead on the screen, I will be glad to cast out your demons. Or, just put your fingers on the keyboard or mouse, within the next 2 hours and 19 minutes, and I will send a spirit to your house tonight, to let you know that the JW's are wrong. alt See you soooooooon HL

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I have not yet to find another organization in the world that is like JW.

And you won't find one either, even if you spend the next 50 years searching for it! The world doesn't deserve another org like the jws, one is more than enough.

...they have made mistakes

You are so right there toer - 1975 springs to mind, as does 607 BCE, the 1914 generation doctrine, the blood issue, and many more. But whilst they have made mistakes, name one that they have admitted to. Whenever they have to change anything, it's down to new light. When a prediction goes wrong, it's the brothers fault for assuming too much. If the governing body ever come out just once and admit they got something wrong, I might soften my attitude a little, but it just aint gonna happen.

btw, welcome to the board

dedpoet

• kristyann
    kristyann

Hey toer... Judas and Lucas aren't books of the Bible... you should really be angry with the Watchtower, because they are obviously preventing you from getting any sort of education. I am not saying this as a joke or to be funny, either.

Anyway, a really sick thing that Jehovah's Witnesses do, toer, is murder their children by not allowing them to have blood transfusions. So you say that they don't go to war... but I know of a war that is carried out against innocent children by allowing them to just lay there and die... and I know of a war that is carried out against innocent children by allowing them to be MOLESTED OVER AND OVER AGAIN and then telling them it's their fault or it's their imagination, and if they call the police they'll be disfellowshipped. You should really look into the Watchtower's policy on child abuse and sexual abuse and see if that makes you comfortable or not.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Hi Toer,

I just want to say that I appreciate your concern for the people on this board.

It is obvious you are sincere and believe Jehovah's Witnesses are the organization Jehovah is using at this time.

I must say I agree with much of what you say.

However I do have one little problem and you may be able to help me.

If the organization is "Spirit directed", which means Jehovah's Holy Spirit is actually directing it, why has it had

to change it's teachings on over 30 doctrines.

I would have thought that Jehovah's spirit would have been able to get it right first time.

So has Jehovah's spirit made mistakes?

Unfortunately we only have two options:

1. We should obey the organization because it IS guided and directed by Jehovah's Holy Spirit, but unfortunately the Holy Spirit makes mistakes. or

2. We should obey only Jehovah and what He says in the Bible, because the organization has made many mistakes so could not be guided by Jehovah's Holy spirit [which does not make mistakes], and they are rather naughty to claim such a thing.

yesidid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit