My sister Robin RIP Mar. 26, 1963 - Nov. 7, 2005

by Lady Lee 105 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

I'm so sorry...

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Dearest Lady Lee, I'm so sorry for your loss. You are such an inspiration here on this board and in this life. Your courage to have lived the life you have, having experienced such deep hurt and loss, I'm speechless. You have made a difference in this life, in Robin's life and the lives of so many others. May you gain comfort in the knowledge that Robin is free from this life and its pain. And may you draw healing from the love of those around you.
    Warm Hugs,
    tall penguin

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

I am sorry to hear that, you have my deepest sympathies.

• codeblue
    codeblue

(((LadyLee)))

I am so sorry My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Codeblue

• Mulan
    Mulan

Lee, my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry for your loss.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Lee I am very sorry for your loss, moreso for the little girl she was. Those pictures are difficult to look at.

I think she went into hiding years ago and was too frightened to come out again. It takes tremendous courage for a victim to face up to the horrors of their abuse. Many, if not most, just can't do it. And if they do not, they begin to wither and die. Some people die before they die. It's a sad thing to see.

She said she decided early on that she knew she could never be a perfectly good (like any JW) so she decided to be perfectly bad. She spent the rest of her years being perfectly bad.

This is what I found especially sad. It's hell living with the inner demons, who send messages of self-hate constantly day after day. But it's so sad and painful to see someone who believes not only those messages but also also those of a dysfunctional, mean-spirited religious sect. And even worse, she used those warped messages, bought into them, and combined them with decades old trauma and fear. Small wonder she was overwhelmed and sought refuge in drugs and alcohol. There was no were else for her to go.

None of us knows what happens after death. I have my beliefs and my hopes. Lee I just have to believe that whatever form a Higher Power takes, he is above all kind. I believe that Higher Power knew the tremendous level of pain she was in and when they met, held her close and rocked her tenderly.

I hope her pain is gone and she has found happiness. She deserves it.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Lady Lee - I am so saddened to hear of your devastating loss.

I too lost a brother, not too long ago, and not much older than your sister. I think of him every day, as we were close.

May she have rest now. May you be comforted in your loss.

Jeff

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Dear dear Lady Lee. I am so very sorry for all your losses with your sister. At least now she is out of her pain.

Hugs and much love

Brenda

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It is often said that this world we live in, that it's an illusion. And when you look at the way many children are mistreated, the bad genes they get, they bad parents they get, the bad economic situations they get, sometimes the horrible countries and cultures they get to grow up in, you wonder if it is an illusion that some perfect god could create such an imperfect, unfair mess. An unfair mess that brings children like your sister into a world where they will be beaten, mistreated and molested. Where most people will puzzle over why those children, once grown up, cannot function well in this very hard world.

When I read about your sister, Lady Lee, I see a woman child who never had a chance. I hope that the idea that life beyond this one is somehow peaceful and better than the life we have here...well, I hope that is not also an illusion. I wish your sister peace and all the love she felt she missed in this world. I hope she sees the love and care you put into this one thread for her. The pictures of her and the stories of how you lovingly cared for her. I hope she knows you did have her on your web page. I hope all her wounds are healed.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm so sorry for your loss Lady Lee

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit