My sister Robin RIP Mar. 26, 1963 - Nov. 7, 2005

by Lady Lee 105 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I want to thank all of you for all your supprt through this week. It has meant more than I can express. I am at my daughters house surrounded with love and grandchildren.

I will recovery. I always do. This has added a whole new awareness of the fragility of life. There are no guarantees that those we love will be here tomorrow.

Thank you all again

Lee

• mouthy
    mouthy

Glad your with the girls Lee ---Hey what a surprise to see my daughter on here ?????(HUGS)) It is because you got in touch with her I guess because you were concerned about me not being on line Boy I love you all !!!!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Of course I was worried. I didn't see you posting. You didn't answer PMs or email. Either you were away or..... So I contacted someone who I knew would know -- ya know

• mouthy
    mouthy

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))0

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Lee, hugs,,,,,,,to you,,,,,I am sorry for your loss, I didnt even know about your sister until I posted the loss of my sister.

The pictures you posted made me cry. How innocent we all looked back then huh? I am going thru the part of grief right now, where I blame myself even thou I know I did everything I could and even more. I know that , but ya know what I mean? I wish I would have been able to make her demons go away just like you did with your sister. When we lose a sister it seems like we lose a part of ourselves, it is hard to explain but I think you know what I mean.

I just want to hold you Lee, to let you know I love you and I admire you and I am sorry for your loss, I am sorry for not finding out about this when it happened. But ya know how life is , it gets to going so fast you don't realize how long it has been since you talked to friends here.

It has been 31 days since my sister died and I have yet to finish the thank you cards , and I am just beginning to come back to the board here.

How are you doing now? Do you feel she is at peace? I hope that you have peace Lady Lee, and I know this is all so fresh and still painful for you, just know that I understand and I will be thinking of you.

Love ya, Dede

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thanks Dede

It's really interesting that you found this thread when you did. Over the last couple of weeks I have been lighting a candle. Last night it dawned on me that it was a candle that Robin gave me.

I think for me the hardest part was the first few days and probably up until I was able to sit down with my daughters and talk about Robin. We were so estranged that I don't have those recurring kind of feelings of missing her. I know when I look at her picture on the wll I have that sense of loss and the picture of us all together is all the more precious now.

I really do believe that she is finally at peace. Anything had to be different than the life she was leading and the demons she dealt with. In spite of the distance between us, both emotionally and physically, I know that when I was goven the chance I gave her an opportunity to deal with those demons. But ultimately she was the one who had to make the choice to get the help she needed.

As for your loss, all I can say is that like all things that we lose time takes the sting and makes it less sharp. You and I will never forget our sisters. But I know thatafter years of torment they are at peace.

You take care of yourself, very gentle, loving care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit