Sad news - Our friend Larc

by Angharad 79 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((JAVA)))))

I'm glad to hear you are doing well. I always think of you and Carl, rather like brothers in Ohio. He had mentioned to me how close you were and how you'd known each other.

Carl was one of the first people I ever spoke to on this forum. I teasingly sent him my phone number several years ago, thinking, "Ah...he'll never call me." He called within just minutes. Completely took me off guard. LOL! But even after just a few minutes of speaking with him, I realized what an amazing man he must be in person. I always enjoyed him on this forum, but in person I'm sure he was just that much ornerier.

When you see Jan, please give her a big hug for me. And if you don't mind...at the funeral...put a rose down for those of us here at JWD.

I'm gonna miss that ol' fart.

Andi

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Jan, if you read this, know that my thoughts are with you right now. I am so sorry that we lost touch with each other. You and Carl were always so kind to me and I am so sad to hear that he has passed away.

If there is anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask. My phone number has changed since we last spoke but if you send me yours in a pm I will gladly call you if you need someone to talk to.

Thinking of you.

Shari

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Sorry to hear of Larc's passing. He was a great contributor to this forum and will not be forgotten.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Jan,

I was very saddened to have heard the news of Carl's passing. I cannot add much to the sense of grief tinged with admiration expressed by so many on this thread, but I do want to add my commiserations. I will remember Carl as a gentleman who was always ready to defend the confused and yet always ready to dismantle the confusing. His academic background gave him a piercing insight into the needs of those exiting the WTS, and he was never one to ration his heart.

Take care of yourself Jan and if we can be of any help at all, you have my email address.

Goodbye Carl - HS

• patio34
    patio34

Dear Zazu,

My sincere condolences to hear of this. Larc was an incredible, unique human being and was well-loved on this board. Both of you were one of the first ones I "met" thru this.

Love,

Pat

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Java Thanks for posting that info. I'm sure you will miss those coffee chats.

Zazu/Jan Please take tender care in the next few days and weeks. And know there are many friends here who will welcome you with open arms here

• chester
    chester

Jan,

I am so sorry to hear the sad news of Larc's passing.

(((((((Zazu)))))

• JAVA
    JAVA

I use a Mac computer at home and can't edit posts that I've sent to the JW Forum. While quoting from Jerry Bergman in the first post, I used the spelling found in his book for Carl's last name. It didn't look right when I used it, but . . . .
    Carl's last name is spelled Thornton, and not Thorton. I'll bet my old friend will get me for this one way or another. :)
    Jan, if you're reading this, I'm sorry about the mistake.

• shera
    shera

My condolences to Zazu.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I'll bet my old friend will get me for this one way or another. :)

Be vewwy vewwy careful!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit