Bethelite Attorney-In-Training Receives Award

by West70 38 Replies latest social current

• jgnat
    jgnat

Top Hat, the article in question is the October 1, 2005 issue, "Parents - What future do you want for your children?" which is due to be critiqued by Blondie next week. Also, higher education was a recurring theme at the assemblies this year. Apparently Timothy turned down higher education in favour of full time preaching work (the drama, pure speculation). I know there are a few threads floating around here on the subject.

• TopHat
    TopHat

jgant, Thanks, I can't find the Oct, 1st but I do have the Oct. 15th where an article :Benefit from the best education available" is of course a study of the Bible. I guess they do not take their own advice but instead pay for a higher education in the university for their own benifit with the donations from brothers and sisters barely getting by to pay rent.. While telling the RF to trust in Jehovah. What Hypocrites! Why don't they the WTS trust in Jehovah?

• Soledad
    Soledad
    This summer's convention repeatedly warned against pursuing higher education.

And this person is in good standing at Bethel, AND going to the university?

And from an Ivy League Presbyterian institution at that! HUMPH!!

Tuition at Columbia runs about 85 Grand per year!!

who is paying for that??

• horrible life
    horrible life
    Since 1987 the Education Fund of the Women's Forum has given annual awards to encourage mature women of need to fulfill their potential through the pursuit of an undergraduate college education and to enhance their capacities to provide productive and supportive service to their communities.

Apparently this is a need based award. Her husband and her, have filed tax returns for years for a few hundred dollars gross.

I also wonder, if these people they send to college, have to sign a contract, obligating them to serve a certain period of time to the borg. The armed forces do this, also the Indian Health Service, etc. Wouldn't that be hell, to be an apostate, and have to serve out time at Bethel!!

• horrible life
    horrible life

http://www.wfnewyork.org/application_form.cfm

It looks like this is a $5000.00 award. And it is, in part, based on need.

They have to know who is footing the bill for school.

in recognition of the extraordinary and heroic efforts they have made in order to overcome adversity in their lives.

I wonder what kind of adversity? Could it be, working for pennies a day? Could it be, belonging to a cult, and not being able to leave? She is married to a dentist!!! He has the ability to make big bucks. That should make her ineligible.

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Those hypocritical Bastards!!!!!!

IC

• rebel8
    rebel8

TopHat, there are additional references at http://quotes.watchtower.ca. Go to the search engine there and type in either "education" or 1975 and you should find some more.

I attended a large university and was very disappointed to learn a lot of those awards are based upon what someone claims to do rather than what they actually do--and also upon how compelling a story the person tells. For example, there was a monetary award for one particular thing and only 2 students qualified for it--me and another guy. I was destitute; he was well off. I spent 30 hours per week doing the applicable activity and he spent 10. I had been doing it for several yrs and he had just started a few months before. However, he had schmoozed the dean and I had not, so guess who got the award? The recipient even told me afterwards I deserved the award much more than he did. Of course that didn't prompt him to hand over the cash. :)

• Jourles
    Jourles
    Wouldn't that be hell, to be an apostate, and have to serve out time at Bethel!!

On the contrary, how many of us here would love to be in that position? Can you imagine the documentation and recordings you could gather? But it is true, it would suck pretty hard to be stuck there putting on the front. But for such a worthy cause....

• TopHat
    TopHat

Thanks rebel8.....I can see the Borg wants to keep the lowly ones low while keeping the uppity ups at Bethel in control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit