Bethelite Attorney-In-Training Receives Award

by West70 38 Replies latest social current

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

Wedding ring on right hand? sKally

In Germany and the Scandinavian countrys, the right hand is the correct one for a wedding ring. Although I have found this info which refers to the growing popularity of wearing right hand rings. Interesting.

http://gilletts.com.au/information.php?info_id=48

• Honesty
    Honesty

I bet all the local dubs here are going to be real happy when they get a postcard about this in the mail.

• TopHat
    TopHat

I have searched but cannot find the article in the Watchtower about NOT persuing a higher education. Anyone here have the article in a file? Thanks in advance.

• crazycate
    crazycate

Some people volunteer at Bethel without living at Bethel. Or they may stay there as volunteers for a certain period of time without actually being "Bethelites." The rules for them may be different. Bethel seems perfectly happy to benefit from the education some have pursued, without ecouraging the rest of us to pursue it. Does anyone know the actual situation of this woman and her husband?

The uneducated typist, Cate

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Nov 1, 2005
    I have searched but cannot find the article in the Watchtower about NOT persuing a higher education. Anyone here have the article in a file? Thanks in advance.

I was raise JW since 1957 and it was a foregone conclusion you don't go to college or else,exceptions are when a 'worldly' head of household (father) insist on it.

<[email protected]>:
    208.210.221.75 does not like recipient.
    Remote host said: 550 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected:
    Mail for wtbts.org is no longer accepted.

• TopHat
    TopHat

When I was a JW...If I was told not to let my children persue a higher education.....Well, I just would not have that...all my kids went to college. I guess I have always been an independent thinker and didn't know it!

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

When we left Bethel at the end of 1993, Kathleen Apltauer worked in the Purchasing Dept. at 25 Columbia Heights (Main Offices) Interestingly, Robert Batko worked in that department too and we heard that the organization was paying his way through law school. He was studying to be a trust and real estate attorney.

Barbara

• Cady
    Cady

I didn't see any info on what she actually does: mentoring young women is pretty vague, and could quite easily include chatting w/younger sisters in service. I can also see an app to an awards committee being spun quite well to give an inaccurate image, as they're not going to be familiar w/the way the organization works. I'm just not seeing anything that impressive here, sorry. And I'm sure she could also get lots of recommendation letters from the WTBTS that would give an inaccurate impression. Honesty isn't a real high priority for them when it comes to getting good publicity.

Now if there was something like "in 2002 she spent x number of hours doing x" or a list of real accomplishments, etc., I'd be more interested.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The same thing has happened downunder where one man, a former CO, in Bethel so that he could be sent to college for legal studies.

Hypocrisy, eh?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Knew a brother at Bethel, Rob Pollock, whom the Society was sending to college to get his engineering degree. I think Rob went on to oversee the Patterson project.

One of the things at that time was that Rob and his wife Cindy were told to keep it quiet that he was being sent to college - and he was missing quite a few meetings in order to get his education. The Society did not want it getting out that they were paying for this Bethelite to get his advanced education. Would have been too traumatic for us simple folks in the rank and file.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit