Why DOESN'T Ray Franz post here?

by AlmostAtheist 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Kaput
    Kaput
    I suppose the number one reason is that he died?

Far as I know he's still around. As CYP brought out, he does have some medical problems, having suffered a moderate stroke about a year ago. His wife has heart problems, and hopefully she's doing O.K. now. Who knows...he may be reading this thread.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

If I were Ray Franz I would be burnt out on it all and just want to live my life in some sort of harmony with God.

Mr. Franz is a celebrity victim of the WTS, and I'm sure that's not easy for him to shoulder.

• inquirer
    inquirer

AlmostAtheist said:

It's also hard to imagine that he doesn't know the forum exists. While I could imagine any dub or ex-dub at random not knowing about it, Ray's actually been visited/called/emailed by members of the forum. Surely he's been made aware of the forum's existence.

And of course, there's always the possibility that he DOES post here, or at least visit. No need to admit his real identity.

inquirer -- Believe you me he does know this site exist! He must! Because I sent him a link to this site when the discussion came up about the 2 new Governing Body members -- He thanked me for showing him.

God bless the man. I would sincerely would like to meet him in the resurrection... I am certain Ray will get one.

But everybody would be talking to him all the time. He'd be like a celebrity here and would be bombarded with questions and comments all the time. Everytime He'd make a thread, everyone would respond to it. I think because he's got that "celebrity status," he would post here on top of the "negativity" reason.

Apparently Bruce (pictured in my avatar) use to post on his site screamforme.com -- and no one believed it was him. And people were a bit smart allic towards him and thought "I don't deserve to be treated like this," and unregistered. You have to admit, this could happen to Ray as well. I can't blame people for being cynical about if it's celebrity xyz or not.

• Carol
    Carol

Freddie Franz is deceased, Ray is still very much alive, though elderly and in frail health as stated previously. He brought to light the facts he did about the WTB&TS because he truly believed in Jehovah and the Bible, he did not believe in the "Organization", their spin on world events and the bible and the "politics" of the WTB&TS. My younger brother (now 51) served at Bether during the reign of Freddie Franz and during the time Ray was still there. Ray was known for his honesty, hard work, spirituality and his kindness to all. It was his honesty that led to his leaving the WTB&TS, I don't think he has ever really left Jehovah!

• inquirer
    inquirer

Billgoat said:

zen nudist,

Ray Franz is alive and well in Georgia. But he is a man in his 70s/80's that probably would love some privacy and enjoy his last few years with his wife Cynthia. If I was that age, spent that much time wasting my life for some cult that gave me NOTHING, I'm not so sure I'd have the emotional or physical stamina to put up with some of the BS of an anti-JW website. I would most likely help where I could help and enjoy my LIFE.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that, although I wouldn't change one second of my past, being a recovering exJW does not MAKE me. It is a very important part of who I am, and why I am who I am, but it is not me in entirety. I'd like to think that I am much more than just an exJW.

Andi

inquirer -- I agree with everything you said! Good on you! God bless!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ray wouldn't be able to handle the antichristian heat here. He is used to being dealt w in dignity. He would get that here, but also indignities. On the other hand, he has no obligation to come here and defend his faith, or to come here and spill more wt dirt. I respect his decision to stay away.

S

• inquirer
    inquirer

mouthy said:

I do!!! I know him personally- He is the most humble man I ever meet. defd! He is 83 gets mail from all over the world.Has many,many phone calls. Invited about 10 of us to his house for lunch ....

inquirer -- Wow! You know him personally and he invited you over to his house! Good on you! :) That's too good!

• inquirer
    inquirer

minimus said:
    Some time ago there were jerks on this site that regularly attacked him and anyone else that spoke highly of him. If I were Ray Franz, I wouldn't want to be thrashed and bashed about.

inquirer -- That's terrible! Why do they want to do that!

• Carol
    Carol

Ray Franz questioned the FDS and the teachings of the WTB&TS. He revealed some of the lies and falsehoods being written by the "organization" for this he was "cast out". He wrote several books sharing this information and his views.......he does not wish to start his own religion or have a following.

There is another thread going on one of the "members only" sections, on which some of the posters are trashing some of his writings.

If he were to openly post here.....I'm afraid he'd either be set up as a leader to be followed and worshipped or be trashed and valified.....when all he has done is revealed the achilles heel of the WTB&TS and explained why he left the organization.

• Soledad
    Soledad

Derrick:

Pull a Judas on himself? Are you saying that he should kill himself?

tsk tsk. Not a nice Christian thing to say.

It is a typical WITNESS thing to say though, right?

Just so you know, I don't worship Ray Franz. Read only half his book, if that. It didn't take the writings of an exJW exGB member to tell me how I should feel about the Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit