Franz' statement is outrageously unreasonable!

by Schizm 137 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    This has thus far been quite entertaining. Reminds me a bit of one of Hibiscusfire's threads.

Precisely what I was thinking, Confession.

I must agree, Schizm, that it is not Raymond Franz who looks foolish and assertive here, it is you. No insult intended.

I think that God has more in mind for us than a short life, and then death. I think you must think that way too. And many others here also. I personally know that Raymond Franz does also.

What he is stating is that it is not discussed in those scriptures in Genesis. As several others have asked you to do, I repeat the request;

If Raymond has stated something that is outrageous and untrue about those particular scriptures under consideration here, please tell us what it is. Then we can discuss logically. Otherwise we are beating the air, and trying to read your mind.

Jeff

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Whether or not Genesis discussed what would happen if mankind had not sinned, there is still a fundamental flaw with the theology of the 'fall' as taught by most Christian religions.

If we work with the assumptions that God exists, that that God is the God of the Bible, and that that God is omniscient, then God knew that mankind would die from the outset and did nothing to prevent it because it was part of his will. If a human did this, it would be murder.

If we modify the last assumption such that god is not all-knowing about the future, but can choose to know the future, then he is grossly negligent. If a human did this, it would be manslaughter.

The only defense left is that God can do whatever he likes with inferior lifeforms, but this is not consistent with being a God of love.

• Maverick
    Maverick

I get the impression the person who started this thread is very young.

A lot of presuppositions here; first that the Bible has any merit.

Second, that the Bible was translated accurately.

Third, that the unstated future of Adam is implied to be life on Earth forever.

Forth, that this was the total and only intent of Mr Franz in bringing the point to the readers attention.

The whole approach and tone of the initial statement is in prefect harmony with the child-like, over-simplistic and self-assuming manner of the WTS and its dupes.

If the person who started this thread is just trying to get a rise out of people by his/her additude and comments then I guess you got me. If your serious and really am sincere in what you are saying........

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........................ YAWN!!!!

• Scully
    Scully
    God created Adam and Eve to live, not to die.

Really? Where in the Bible does it say that? And why would God have placed The Tree of Life in the Garden of Eden if Adam and Eve were meant to live forever? Doesn't the existence of The Tree of Life lend credence to the idea that Adam and Eve were not immortal to begin with, but blew an opportunity for partaking of The Tree of Life as a reward for not partaking of The Tree of Knowledge?

• TopHat
    TopHat

Adam and Eve had YET to eat from "TheTree of Life" That is why after their sin, God threw them out of the Garden and posted 2 angels at the intrance to prevent any from eating from the Tree of Life.

• Undecided
    Undecided

If you believe what the bible says, he would have died that day. He didn't say you won't live forever if you eat the fruit. The only way to live forever was to eat another fruit from a different tree. There was nothing said about everlasting life except after man sined. It's just a bunch of folklore anyway, who cares?

Ken P.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Franz's biggest mistake is that he dumps the Watchtower and continues to believe there is a God and that he inspired men to write the Bible. His books indicate he dabbled a little bit in logic and detecting falacies. He needs to do more of that.

Franz is a turtle. He left the organization but keeps carrying the same dogmatic shell.

No body knows what REALLY happened in the so called Garden of Eden. There is no evidence for Adam, Eve, Garden of Eden, talking serpent, flaming sword, etc.etc. It is foolish to speculate. It is foolish to believe that nonsense in the first place.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I've never known Schizm to act this way, seriously. He's a little far out, but not like this.

You ok, Schizm?

There is a logical jump from "If you do this, you will die" to "If you do [not] do this, you will [not] die." It's not a jump everyone is willing to make.

The smoking ads say, "If you smoke, you will die." Should I assume if I quit, I'll live forever? (Even if it were true, I'm not sure I could quit!!!)

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit