Email I received off mum

by Es 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

Good reply lilycurly!!!!

I think now after this i have the courage to say you know what i will never come back to the "borg" i always kinda side stepped the issue but now i dont care, they need to know the reality that im never coming back and either start accepting it or not.

Anyway really my dads an elder what example is he setting as far as Mike is concerned. Mike is offended that he is treated like dirt coz he is "worldly" and so he should im offended too....not a very good example on how loving they are.

es

• Bryan
    Bryan

(((ES)))

Sorry to hear it.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Es
    Es

thanks bryan

es

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

LilyCurly,

Jesus was saying the true Christian would be persecuted by their family, not the other way around. That an elder uses that Scripture to justify disfellowshipping sickens me. It didn't have anything to do with disfellowshipping, apart from criticism of Judaic expulsion. Who did Jesus shun?

Matthew 10:32-39 32 — “Everyone, then, that confesses union with me before men, I will also confess union with him before my Father who is in the heavens; 33 but whoever disowns me before men, I will also disown him before my Father who is in the heavens. 34 Do not think I came to put peace upon the earth; I came to put, not peace, but a sword. 35 For I came to cause division, with a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a young wife against her mother-in-law. 36 Indeed, a man’s enemies will be persons of his own household. 37 He that has greater affection for father or mother than for me is not worthy of me; and he that has greater affection for son or daughter than for me is not worthy of me. 38 And whoever does not accept his torture stake and follow after me is not worthy of me. 39 He that finds his soul will lose it, and he that loses his soul for my sake will find it.

AuldSoul

• dezpbem
    dezpbem

Hey Es

Sorry to hear about the problems. But the light side of it is that you've found the person for you in marriage (wish I could say the same for me, haha). Maybe it's best to focus on the GREAT thing you have rather than what you don't. I'd throw all my family away for the right woman. So i'm with you in your decision to back off from them for a time. In fact I have an itchy trigger finger for those that disrespect me or harm me . I'll cut them off in a New York minute for crossing the line. My family gets the same treatment as anyone else. Family in fact should be held to a higher standard since they're the ones who should feel an obligation to make you happy and not the reverse.

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Well, looks like my post got deleted. Maybe there is a no swearing policy here? Sorry if there is, I was not aware. In a nutshell I said that sucks, but good luck.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Mike is offended that he is treated like dirt coz he is "worldly"

No, he is treated like dirt because he is normal!

Ian

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

oh no wait, it's on the other post. 2 posts eh? Greedy! :p

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I'm so sorry hon; my parents have been through exactly the same thing. Just to let you know; if they do show some spine, it costs them dearly. I'm disfellowshipped and my witness parents came to the wedding recently, so they had a lot of guts, but they've had to move the book study away from their place. If it was me I'd be delighted (how I hated having the book study at our place... anyway) but you know what a big deal it is to have the study in your home. It's also pretty much their entire social life. Anyway my siblings have completely cut them off (I was once engaged to another non-witness and that split the family down the middle; this time around it's devastated) so they don't get to see their grandchildren because of their support for me.

I have often thought that they'd be better off with the support of their witness kids and being able to see their grandchildren, than me being the only one who calls and emails. I realise that one day they will probably write me off completely, but I suspect that will be better for all of us in the long run in that we can all live our lives the way we believe is the right way. I know and we all know here that they are thoroughly indoctrinated into thinking that's the right way to treat your rebellious children, but all we can do about it is show love back.

You did the right thing, in saying that they have to love him if they love you. My brand-new husband thinks it's hilarious that they consider this Christian Love, and their behaviour is constantly disappointing and upsetting. But that's because they're entrapped, and it's not their fault.

My siblings seemed happy with the idea that I be single forever too; obviously it's no sacrifice for them. Now they're showing our non-witness family the ugly side of The Truth, and I really hope that they're ashamed about it, but they're probably not. They're probably just angry with me for doing this to them. That will never change, and I don't care anymore. I don't want their love if it means I have to be somebody I'm not to earn it, and would despise myself for being that person.

You have grown now and have seen that the things you used to believe don't work for you any more, but your family still believe it. Just be the one to be showing love, and don't expect anything in return. One day, if we're lucky, they might realise that they were wrong all along. But until that day we have so much happiness in our lives; so don't let that other rubbish get in it's way! It may be that this is the only time we get on this planet, so you might as well get it right the first and only time....

I hope that you have great fun getting ready for your wedding and that it's a brilliant day for you! At the end of My Day I was so buzzed (in spite of my siblings boycotting; couldn't pick up the phone and send me an SMS....) that I had to start a diary to go over it all, and I remember writing down a few things that 'went wrong', but I can't even remember what they were now, and it's only a few months ago. Point is; just relax and have fun. It's a laugh, this life!

hugs to you!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I suggest you don't say to them you Wont Be Coming Back, as this gives them license to cut you off completely, and that would REALLY hurt and make you angry! Okay now this is cruel, but I think you should keep them hanging on, as it keeps them thinking. That will stop as soon as they decide to cut you off and move on. It will be upsetting to them, but they won't ever question the decision. As long as they are in turmoil as to how to treat you, they're still thinking about it, and still considering what The Truth does to them and the family.

Worth remembering; they signed themselves and us up into this religion that does this to families when children don't go along with it. They are responsible for suffering the consequences. Okay I've kind of contradicted what I said in my last email; that we should spare them the pain. I guess I need to think about this some more!

Anyway back to you:

HAVE A GREAT WEDDING!!!! :D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit