Email I received off mum

by Es 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

When I was with my previous girlfriend my mother basically made it abundantly clear that she was not welcome in the house and that she very much did not approve. I felt like I could not even talk about her around my mother and she missed out on what was then a significant portion of my life. And the poor girl was so petrified that my mother would smash something through her windshield that she refused to park in the driveway on numerous occasions.

My current boyfriend my mom is happier with, since it is a boy, but she has made it clear that Ive put her between a rock and a hard place. She's pleased that Im happy but she very much feels like she can't support it since he is worldy. I was never baptised yet she still feels that way.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I feel your pain. I was kicked out of my sister's wedding (by my father, who told her what to do) because I was dating someone who was studying at the time. They used the same words, that it would be seen as supporting my decision blah blah blah. *rolls eyes* They are so blind. If they understood what love was, they'd be happy for you.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Es sweetie I'm so sorry for you. You're right, this is not what you need so shortly before you''re wedding.

My parents did the same to me, refused to come to my wedding, wouldn't even look at my husband, let alone talk to him. This went on for about a year and a half, then all of a sudden they came around a bit and started speaking to him and having decent conversations. My mother was shocked when I was divorcing him and thought I was making a wrong decision. I guess I can never win LOL.

Hang in there hun, just think it's only 5 weeks to the big day!

Dams

• Es
    Es

Thanks all, I feel better about it today i guess a little at ease. At least for the time being i dont have to lie bout questions bout birthdays and christmas, goodness knows how long this break will be until they decide they want to see us again .Like what you said Jgnat i want to make sure my fiance is respected, and so no more family outings without him, its pretty final now they either accept it or not no more just hanging in the middle.

ya all sooooo much

es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit