Email I received off mum

by Es 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Es,

Bottom line: you will have your own family to look after without having to continually worry about the one you came from. JWs are always stressing the importance of headship () well, you jolly well say you're following headship by doing what your husband wants (). They can't have it both ways. You HAVE to move on now. It isn't easy - goodness, just look at what's happened re my own family - but we cannot be tied down by emotional blackmail.

If your parents don't attend your wedding or don't want to associate with your fiance/husband then it's THEIR loss. I'd also keep your child at a safe distance from your parents, too. I know that sounds unkind, but we all know what they want to fill his mind with!

You're a brave girl and I know you'll come through this ok. You also know you're always in teh right place here, amongst true friends.

Love,

Ian

• alw
    alw

Thinking of you - it's very hard being witness parents!!! been there done that!!! we inflicted the same stupid reasonings to our daughter. I am really sorry for you - we put our daughter through hell so I know you must be going through torture right now. Let rip here - I am so thankful my daughter had somewhere to vent when she was angry - you were all soooooooo supportive. Thankyou. Thankfully we have seen the error of our ways and are now 'out'. Perhaps you may have a happy ending too. alw

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

(((((((((((es))))))))))))))) Sorry mate, but they will come round, can't ignore you and ya fella forever!

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

Es,

To bad they don't see that you are attempting to live a life that is considered respectable by most standards.

Getting married and trying to be a decent person, this fact evades many witnesses to the point that all they do sometimes is talk about each other, in reality they are not even good enough for each other.

They gossip more than an single group of people, don't know this for a fact, but I do know that they sure do love that art form. LOL

OC

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

{{{{{Es}}}}}

Please dont take offence at this. We will continue to help you whenever we can.

I find people say this sort of thing when they know good and well that they're offending you but feel you have no right to feel that way. And the last line was just a snub: "We're being good people - you're the one bringing all this grief on yourself."

Take care of yourself!

• colorado5591
    colorado5591
    Plus they were happy to meet mike if he came to the convention funny how they could associate with him on that day and not care how it would be viewed.

Ah yes, once again we are experiencing that warm fuzzy feeling invoked by CONDITIONAL LOVE!!!
    Bless your heart, I bet your worldy husband will treat you better than ANY brother ever would! I really doubt his family will put conditions or limitations on their love and acceptance!

My "worldy" in laws are disgusted and appalled at the way my biological family behaves, it's such a foreign concept to them!

F-ing haughty, puffed up with pride, A-holes!!!! (sorry I kinda lose my temper over thing of this nature)

I wish I had clever curse words like all my peoples in England

• Lot
    Lot

Es,

I'm sorry that you are having to go through this now when you have your wedding so close, but I can't agree with most of the posters when they tell you to just move on. Sure go ahead with your life the way you want to; there's nothing wrong with that, but try to keep the lines of communication open with your parents. Don't let religion ever come between you and your parents. They think they are doing what's in your best interest and that shows they love you. If they want to make religion the big issue, let it be on them, but for your part, be open to them.

Families being torn apart by the mind control techniques of Jehovah's Witnesses is one of the worst things this religion will have to answer for, and if it comes to that for you, don't let it happen because you cut them off. Let the burden rest with them. And don't think that because other families have been torn apart by the Witnesses that it has to happen to you. Every situation is different, so don't get discouraged.

Take care and good luck,

Lot

• colorado5591
    colorado5591
    let it happen because you cut them off. Let the burden rest with them

Good call Lot! It was that very course of action that helped my father eventually come around. When he was in his last dayshe actually said to me regarding my worldly husband "Amy, you could not have a better husband, even if I picked him myself" (this, after years of getting "the shun")

If we close off our heart when those we love hurt us, it impedes our ability to heal..

BTW, congratulations on the marriage! I been doing it for 5 years and I am having the time of my life!

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

You know what the elder told me when I told him that I thought shunning was inhuman and defenitly non christian? He said that Jesus warned that he would come and break up families. (he cited a verse wich I don't remember) but I couldn't find anything to answer him except the heartfelt "But WHO would want to be following someone who's teaching that!!?

• Es
    Es

Thanks all soo much for the heart warming replies.....im having trouble sleeping tonight im just still so angry. When i read that email i hear my dad, he has just used mum as a scapegoat thinking i will accept if it comes from her.

Im so dissapointed once again in them, its like when are they going to draw the line...after we are married will they be the same, will the view any contact with us or more with mike would be encouraging or accepting our marriage. Its bulls#$t.

Its so pathetic and childish, now more than ever i feel its there loss, im really happy in my life and they will be the ones missing out. Its so dissapointing how brainwashed they really are. im almost ashamed to call them my parents

es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit