by Es 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

Thanks all soo much

ya's

es

• Es
    Es

i guess sass my frass im sick of these episodes where they behave like this, its nice when they just dont ask bout my life, its almost normal, but i cant have this continually happen to me the highs and the lows get me

es

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

((((ES))))

How horrible is the Jehovah's Witness religon that it can convince people to treat their own children in such a manner.

I wish you every happiness with your darling fiance. I hope that you two can always lean on each other for strength. Depend on him - because you know you can.

I'm sorry that your parents have treated you and him in such an appalling manner.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Hi Es,

Well, like others here, we (Mrs ozzie and I) know what you mean!

It's kinda intriguing isn't it, what happens once you're married? Do they intend keeping up the same actions?

That would mean they will be shunning a non-JW for marrying an ex-JW!!

Weird!

• Es
    Es

hey ozzie no they use the reasoning that the can asscoiate with me coz i married him and there wasnt anything they could do bout it sigh.

Thanks miss peaches your the best

ya

es

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Can one actually get disfellowshipped for marrying outside the faith? I remember when this was looked DOWN upon, but not actually a disfellowshipping offense. If it isn't, why would they shun you?

CG

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hey, you're happy, and there's nothing wrong with them realising this. For sure you don't want them interfering in it though. Was it you who was saying that you'll only let them see your bub when you're there? That's perfectly fair as far as I can see. Anyway, now that most of my people have shunned me I've realised that it's pretty harsh and I wish I'd done things differently so as not to be d'd, so my two cents is that if you can find a balance where they haven't cut you off completely and you're able to get along, go for that. After the wedding though. Nothing should get in the way of you enjoying that! So girl, just take a deep breath and put it aside for now, it's their problem (it really is) and you should be having fun. :D

• Now What?
    Now What?

Dang Es! HUGS to you girl.

You have been sharing this strugle with your parents for a while. And all the while we keep hoping that they will wake up. Don't you just want to shake the crap watchtower out of them? I really do feel for you Es. I had it out with my mum and after a period of denial, she finally got the picture that I am an adult and am going to do what makes me happy with or without her in the picture. It took some time but now we get along great. I certainly do hope that they come around to you though.

But regardless, you have something much bigger, more exciting and happier in the coming weeks. So keep your chin up girl!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Es, I think it is very, very important that you require that your fiancee be treated as an equal member of the family. It's important to him, it's important to the future health of your marriage. I'd say so directly to your parents. A marriage bond is a very serious matter, a vow before God, and no man should come between you two, including your dad. This would be an excellent time to come to the defence of your fiancee.

First of all, no grandparent visit the weekend of the fair.

Second of all, your fiancee is coming to all family events now. If they say no, tell them they have forced you to choose your husband over them. Their loss.

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

ES, I'm sorry to hear that. Witnesses can be so hard core even if they are family members. I've been going through similar crap from my qwn family and I've just about had it with them. I have been preparing a good honest letter for them for a while and will mail it soon. Unfortunately you can't reason with them. Just make sure you take care of you and yours.

Best Wishes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit