Did you read ..........THAT........book...............

by vitty 61 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I only read it when I left the organisation. One of the most honest hearted, non critical books every written about Jehovahs' witnesses. The way he presents this information is not from bitterness or anything negative, but rather from a very factual point of view.

LSheep - I also stopped reading it for a bit, because after 28 years of believing I had the truth, it was so much to bear & there was so much regret & heart-ache, but I've picked it up again...do it.

• Tez
    Tez

Ray Franz is truly a genuine, loving man, who wrote this book because his conscience wouldn't allow him not to, because of his love for people he had to make them aware of his experiences. Yes I have read maybe two thirds of it, found it hard going because I think Ray goes into a lot of detail to ensure people get the correct view of things. It made me decide never to go back...

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

The book is a brilliant expose of the Watchtower Society...and written in such an objective prose its difficult to think of Mr Franz being anything other than sincere, warm and spiritual in his approach.

Great book which I didnt appreciate as much as I did when I read it a second time...and when I read it a second time I realised I didnt appreciate it as much as I do now having read the book three times in total.

Why doesnt DFed wish to read the book...what could be possibly wrong with reading an opposing view...surely hes objective enough to decide whether his beliefs stand upto criticism?

DB74

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I was a big beleive in the WTS, was a pioneer, an MS and a MTS Grad, but then I had a bad experience with the BOE and a commitee, so I went on the net, I found out about the pyramids and 1914. I then brought and read the COC book, it was an eye opener! Best thing I ever done, if only I had known about it sooner I wouldn't have wasted 15 years preaching someone elses fasle theology.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

I DA'ed myself almost thirty years ago , but was still somewhat attached one way or another. Up to a few years ago I was trying to reinstate my self back into the Borg. Once I got a copy of both books, I was immersed into it, couldn't put them down. They were a big help in making my final decision to stay DA'ed . I find myself praying much more and my family even more closer(due to mine indecisiveness on which way to turn). All I can say is "thank you Ray".

• caligirl
    caligirl

I read it while I was still fading. I remember how hard my heart pounded, feeling like somehow I was doing something "wrong" but I had a very strong feeling that I MUST read this book that was stronger than the fear. I really developed a sense of peace after reading it, and it really helped banish the misplaced guilt that I felt about not agreeing with what I had been told all of my life. Definitely a must read! ISoCF was also fantastic. What was done to him is tragic, but his reaction to it displays for all what a true christian really is.

• vitty
    vitty

Im sorry I cant rmember you user name !!!!!!!!! invest...... but that makes me so sad that you left over 30 years ago, 10 years before I went in..................As many leave new ones join its so sad..........

Im going to make sure my local library has a copy if they dont im going to donate one !

Also ISoCF is a fantastic book, I wish I could get it in the hands of may family.

• Ring Wielder
    Ring Wielder

I read it in early 2004. I remember finishing it one sunday morning when my wife and 2 children were at the kingdom hall. I was going through my own crisis...I sat and cried my eyes out.

It was like being betrayed by your best friend....I didnt want to believe it...but there it was in black and white..written in such a calm, sincere, non-vengeful manner, I had no reason to believe it was anything other than a truthful expose of the workings of the Gov. body.

I TRUSTED these people....these proud, arrogant men..who were arbitrarily messing up peoples lives with no hint of remorse afterward when they changed their ideas.

I spent 40 years in the Org, some of that time as an elder...and I sincerely tried to do everything with the right motives...What can I say...Thank you Ray Franz and all who contribute on here to helping others who are still coping with the aftermath of the Borg.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Now, I already knew the WTS was mistaken about alot of stuff because of other books I had read and from some of the Catholic schooling I received. But I had always pegged the GB as sincere, just deluded and ignorant. So after nearly 2 decades of having no real faith, I figured the problem was with me and I tried to change. Putting aside all their mistakes and putting my own private views on alot of them, I took the plunge to see if I could spark something.

A few months after I got baptized, I read CoC and wished I had done it sooner. The Malawi-Mexico double standard was vile and really made me ill. I'm ashamed to reveal to those who know all of this info, that I'm still officially a member.

• Kaput

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit