Did you read ..........THAT........book...............

by vitty 61 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

.............. CoC, of course. When you were still in the org, or when you had already left.

I read it when I was still in and it had a profound effect on me.

Lets take a poll and everyone should answer, including Defd.

• defd
    defd

No I have not read it and too be honest will NEVER read it.

D.

• Legolas
    Legolas

I read it after I found out about the UN scandal back in June!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Why Defd.....are you scared that you will find out the truth about the 'lie'?

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I have it and put it down after finishing Chapter 3, about the Governing Body.

I cried and felt like a tremendous fool. The feelings of sickness approached due to my embarrassment and being ashamed.

To this day, I haven't picked it back up (yet).

• vitty
    vitty

Lonely sheep. It is an incredible book, Defd you owe to yourself to read THAT book

• dezpbem
    dezpbem

I've been meaning to get it.

How good is it?

Which of his books is the best one?

Thanks

Dez

• defd
    defd

vitty no I dont. I dont WANT to. ( not said in a dis respectful way) I just wont.

D.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I read it earlier this year and glad I did in spite of how hard it was. After reading that and some of the writings of Rutherford and finding out some of the history of the organization that has been swept under the rug I can't tell you how sick it made me feel. I wish I had read it years ago.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I've been DFed for about 10 years (having refused to DA myself) and, although I wanted to read CoC and ISoCF after hearing about them last year, I didn't make it a high priority. It didn't seem that necessary to me. But Prophecor insisted on sending me his copies (thanks Proph) and I'm really glad he did. They are quite the read!

CoC made me sad though, thinking about how the Society has always been viewed and relied upon by my family (since the 1920s), and the various effects that has had on all of us...

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit