Have I been red flagged?

by searching4? 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• searching4?
    searching4?

I find it very weird that in 13 years, not one JW has come knocking on my door. I don't live in my home town and have had no contact with witnesses ( besides my mom) since I was disfellowshipped in 1992. Is it possible that my mom ( still a witness) has alerted the local Kingdom Hall and had me placed on the " do not call" list? Or maybe I just live in the area of slacker witnesses? I have had 13 years to plan what I will do when they come knocking and it is going to be funny as hell. I'm tired of waiting for them! LOL

Jody

• freedom96
    freedom96

It is amazing that as thorough my hall was in field service, I think many halls simply have bad book keeping, perhaps by the ones going door to door themselves.

In my entire adult life, I have answered the door maybe only 3 or 4 times, if that, to witnesses. I think many times they have come by, but we are away from the home. Funny though, I don't see magazines, or brochures left to let us know they were there.

• searching4?
    searching4?

No, you don't understand, I never leave the house, I just sit here........waiting, yet they never come

• horrible life
    horrible life

If you call them, they will come . alt and come, and come, and come

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

How peculiar...

Do you live in a largely populated area? Do you have any estimates on how many JW's are active in your territory?

According to the 'rules' the elders are meant to call on disphellowshipped/disassociated/inactive ones every 12 months to see if they can bring them into the fold. Looks like your local Body of Elders are real slackers!

The minute you go away I bet you they will turn up... Murphys law!

• Spectre
    Spectre

The "territory" that you live in has probably been held for all that time by someone that just won't give it up. Is it in a nicer part of town with a lot of shade trees? or in a rural area with a lot of driving inbetween houses? I always remember working in the same old apartment complexes, knocking on the same old doors, but always seeing certain parts of town that were off limits because that was sister so-and-so's territory(who never went out).

• caligirl
    caligirl

I think that some halls are just lax about it. Maybe someone is doing what I did and faking a knock for the benefit of the people in the car? I'd say count your blessings!

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

This could be a great test! Pray to Jehovah and ask him to have those of the 1 true religion come to you and see if the JW's show up! Then you will know if its the truth or not :)

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Wow! Since 1992? You've been sitting there waiting ? I have two questions:

(1) Why are you still letting them control your life?

(2) How do you cope with the bedsores ?

PaNiCAtTaCk, or he could make the prayer more specific to what he really wants to know: "If Jehovah's Witnesses really don't have the truth, please let them knock at my door."

AuldSoul

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Looks like three possiblilities to me;

1- Since you are not in your old hall's territory - they simply do not know you are a DF'd witness. So they do not call with the 'time to get reinstated and back to Jehovah' message annually.

2- You are considered very evil apostate for some reason and they just don't want to bother. In that case perhaps the former witness elders did make contact with this group, and they are avoiding you.

3- As far as 'regular' door to door visits - I think any of the reasons suggested could be the reason.

Since they won't call on you - and don't know you - why not visit the KH and spring your well planned attack on the first unwary witness you meet. That would give them something to gossip about for weeks. Or better yet act like a never been witness and answer a lot of questions at the Watchtower study - then with the final answer let them know you were a DF witness.

Lot's O' Fun can be had when they know not who you are.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit