Shunned again, and you won't guess where. EVER.

by kwintestal 99 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

If it's in the witnesses job description to notify you that the counselor isn't there for the appointment, and the witness doesn't notify you, she isn't doing her job. And the brothers cannot tell you to shun someone in a business situation. They do not want lawsuits. I know this has come up time and again here in the USA.

• bem
    bem

It was not Kwins responsibility to let her know what he expected from her. it was her J-O-B to be corgial and decent. He's said he doesn't want her fired. For goodness sakes if she works in a public facility then she better expect to come in contact with nearly anyone. It's called being "professional" and not letting private life interfere with buisness.

Dad Kwin & family didn't do anything wrong and he doesn't owe the shunner anything. She was in the wrong. What really torques me is that the Kwin family are more than likely good honest hard working people and she probably knows this too.but I bet she would treat inmates or known criminals better.

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Kwin,

Maybe you should just request the counselor or supervisor interview the JW receptionist regarding the Watchtower Article to determine if in fact the JW receptionist believes it is their duty to shun patients in their workplace, and also if the receptionist believes they must report fellow members activities to the elders even if that violates privacy. That puts the focus - not on you - but on the problem.

I would definitely want to know where this facility stands on this - especially if this is exactly the problem for which you are seeking treatment for your family!!! What irony!

Send them the WT article, ask them where they stand on the issue and put the JW on the hot-seat for their actions. If it were me, I would be happy with that.

-FW

• steve2
    steve2
    Dad Kwin & family didn't do anything wrong and he doesn't owe the shunner anything.

I totally agree and apologise if I appeared to be saying he had done something wrong in the way he reacted in front of the JW receptionist. Having myself been on the receiving end of callous indifference by JWs, I do have an understanding of the personal impact.

I also understand how easily matters can needlessly escalate and backfire. If not thought through, customer reactions to unacceptable behaviour by company staff may be unhelpful and make matters worse in the longer term. Why use sledgehammer tactics that could backfire? Those familiar with employment laws will know how sensitive employers are that employees' rights are also respected (and, yes, even employees accused of breaking company rules are entitled to certain minimum conditions of personal treatment, as any business lawyer would agree.)

If someone fails to deliver a service to me, neglects or dismissively treats me, I will say something to them in the first instance to convey my displeasure. Then, if the problem persists, I have firmer grounds for complaining. What amazes me is the swiftness with which posters recommend taking the matter further in the absence of even letting the woman know that a personal matter is brewing. And do I have to say it again? She actually replied when Kwin said "Goodbye". If she had been intent on totally ignoring him, she would not have even said that.

I'm not suggesting that she be "let off". I just find the "let's get her" tactics to be premature and less deserving of the sensitivity of Kwin's situation. But I also accept these are my views.

• avishai
    avishai
    Kwin,

Maybe you should just request the counselor or supervisor interview the JW receptionist regarding the Watchtower Article to determine if in fact the JW receptionist believes it is their duty to shun patients in their workplace, and also if the receptionist believes they must report fellow members activities to the elders even if that violates privacy. That puts the focus - not on you - but on the problem.

bingo. But she might lie....

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

She wouldn´t lie, would she....Wouldn´t it be weak not to stand firm and explain to her employer, "that of course she has to follow the biblical rules before the company rules". And as we all have heard from the platform "pioneer righteous from (insert any third world country here) did stand firm against "satan the employer" and kept himself clean yada yada... And her boss took the biblestudy because of it and is now pioneer himself"

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

First, Kwin, I'm so sorry for the pain that you and your family are going through, and I'm so glad that you're making an effort to get help for yourself and your family.

This is my personal opinion, and based on my belief that, in order to heal, I need to act better than those who abuse me act.

I would ask for:

--an apology,

--some sensitivity training/counseling for the employee,

--assurance of confidentiality,

--and make sure that the company has a copy of the Watchtower that "exempts" JWs from "Caesar's" privacy laws, so that they know they're dealing with when they hire a JW.

I don't think calling for her firing would do any good, and would certainly just lead to her claiming that she's being persecuted "for Jehovah's name sake."

Instead, you've got an opportunity to educate others while making sure that you and your family are treated respectfully.

Whatever you decide to do, peace to you.

Best,

Jankyn

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    --some sensitivity training/counseling for the employee,

Jankyn, that was the sort of counseling I was referring to. It isn't a punishment. It is education.

AuldSoul

• sf
    sf

Yesterday I had trouble posting to the site, albeit two test post on this thread. Let me try again. I saved it:

Please tell me that you aren't going to let this slide? Her boss deserves to know what she was doing( or not doing in this case ) Especially the reason why you were there.

Exactly. This type of behavior towards you demonstrates precisely HOW the shunning policy works.

If I were you, I'd document it by taking notes with dates and times and describe exactly what occured.

Impart on the doctor, that in order to try and at least get a grasp of what shunning is and does, it would be a good idea to ask this employee WHY she acted and reacted to you the way she dis that day. Have her ask just what does this policy accomplish?

The doctor will have then gotten it straight from the horses mouth.

{{ Well wishes to you and your family }}

sKally

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

She is the RECEPTIONIST (can I print that any bigger?) Whoever told you that the receptionist at an office does not know who is in or available out or what time an appointment is (the clown who phoned you) is a liar.

Threaten to sue. They will soon wake up.

HB ( of the "Hit Butts" class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit