Shunned again, and you won't guess where. EVER.

by kwintestal 99 Replies latest jw friends

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    This woman has access to your files and most likely will read them.

I asked about this, and the counsellors take their own notes, and keep their copies of them to themselves. They cannot be accessed by anyone but the counsellor. This is good, as I had talked to someone else at the office (a different counsellor) quite a bit about the JW's and how they've effected me over the last little while.

Kwin

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

WOW!!! I couldn't believe my eyes when I was reading this.

What a shame. I do think that you should let her boss in on it. Maybe the JW will get scolded, lose her job or whatever and that might be what opens HER mind up. You never know.

Again....WOW!!!

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I worked as an office manager for a psychiatric counseling facility for about 5 years. It was the receptionist's responsibility to pull the files on a daily basis for the counselors to chart in. Some of the councilors that were full time and didn’t share offices did keep their own files or paperwork. This information was still accessible by the office staff though. This may not be the case at your facility. Councilors may keep they’re own records under lock and key. I hope that this is the case for your sake.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    Some of the councilors that were full time and didn’t share offices did keep their own files or paperwork. This information was still accessible by the office staff though. This may not be the case at your facility. Councilors may keep they’re own records under lock and key. I hope that this is the case for your sake.

Yes, I think that is how it works with this office.

Kwin

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

KWIN,

Admit it, you non-conformist. Its not just a beard but an even worldier goatee.Nothing surprises me anymore with the dubs. My hand to you on voicing the matter. Maybe the receptionist will learn something.

Its a toss up for me about what I'd do in your sitch. Go to another counsellor to reinforce the point, or keep going just to have fun with the preprogrammed drone.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

LOL Sweet irony!!!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I just got off the phone with the company's head office and filed an incident report regarding the situation. I told them that I considered it a human rights violation to be refused service due to an individual's predjudice against my religious decisions, and a reoffence. I stated that, "I am this close to contacting the human rights board about this."

This is a great way to bring the issue of shunning to the spotlight. I'm seriously concidering contacting the local papers about this.

Kwin

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I thought I'd get the ball rolling, and I contacted Nova Scotia's Human Rights Commission. I provided them with all the details of the offence which is the first step in placing a formal complaint. If I can not come to a resolution with the EAP provider, or if after they deal with the situation, I feel they did not handle it to my satisfaction then I just have to sign the paperwork and the complaint is official.

Kwin

• Scully
    Scully

It seems that Jehovah's spirit is slow in delivering the good news of your re-instatement. It must be tired from the swiftness with which it delivered the news of your initial disfellowshipping.

You'd think your dad would be pleased.... and telling everyone.

It's ironic that you'd be shunned in the counsellor's office where you are being helped to deal with being shunned in the first place. I'd definitely point that out to the counsellor and say that you can't be expected to cope appropriately with the situation if you and your family are re-traumatized by their employee whenever you go to that office.

• vitty
    vitty

You also need the WT article that gave the example of Mary, the receptionist who told the elders about a woman JW who had had an abortion.

I cant recall the WT but it will give you proof that, thats what they do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit