Shunned again, and you won't guess where. EVER.

by kwintestal 99 Replies latest jw friends

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    It's almost as bad that the counselor wasn't there. What's up with that?? Nearly worse than shunning...!!

It was an honest mistake. We met with her at her other office the last time, but wanted to meet her at this one today as it was more convienient for us. She called us on our cell phone shortly after 4, and said she hoped to deal with the situation before the JW left work at 4:30, but didn't call us again until 8:30. I'm dealing with my work's Employee Assistance Program, not an individual counsellor, so I can request to deal with a private company and they still will pay for it for me. After today, I think I will.

HER holy ass is YOURS, dude!

Yes, I think the same thing. You know, it was almost this time last year that Mrs Kwin and I were shunned by the Walmart People greeter. I guess it's about time again!

Kwin

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    So, where were we? What were we doing there? We were at the counsellor's office, for my daughter to talk about the effects of shunning.

SNAP!

Looks like someone needs to get her sht together or she will be out of a job!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    Um... kwin..... Weren't you UNdisfellowshipped? Or wasn't she there for that announcement?

Yes, however I haven't been treated like I was undisfellowshipped since then. Plus, we were in a different hall when we were DF'd, Mrs Kwin is still DF'd, and I have a beard which would make it appear like I was DF'd or definately not towing the line. Sorry if I'm making this more confusing then it is. We were in her hall 1 1/2 years ago which is still my parent's hall, we moved to a new hall where we were DF'd, I was unDF'd, Mrs Kwin wasn't. Man, my head is spinning!

Kwin

• damselfly
    damselfly

So you are NOT d'fd yet being shunned by apparently every JW in the province.

I AM d'fd yet they keep on going out of their way to see how I am doing. WTF? Memos must have switched.

Dams

• Bryan
    Bryan

Great, the counselor now has a case staudy right there in the office. Tell the counselor to peek when you arrive next time to see how the shunning works.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Alleymom
    Alleymom
    You know, it was almost this time last year that Mrs Kwin and I were shunned by the Walmart People greeter. I guess it's about time again!

I remember reading that thread! I had to laugh ... who gets shunned by the Walmart greeter???!!! What a Rodney Dangerfield moment.

I'm glad to hear you're discussing today's episode with the counselor. This should be a real eye-opener for her. Better than reality tv ... shunning in her own waiting room.

Life is so weird sometimes. Stranger than fiction ...

Marjorie

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere
    Shunning doesn't make sense to me if all you do is ask a question thats needs and answer.

I've actually always felt this way. Doesn't the scripture admonish them to treat the 'DF'd' people just as ones of the nations. I bet she wouldn't have her job if she treated all patients the way she treated you. They are going against scripture every time they shun someone since they go out of their way to address most 'people of the nations'.

ARRGGHHH!! I hate this crap.

I had a few disfellowshipped and dis-associated people as patients in my offices. I wasn't as gregarious with them - and I think it was uncomfortable for all of us - but I made every attempt to treat everyone with civility. I'd even give the DFd/DAd parents updates - just like I did for the non-jw parents!! (Cool, huh??)

I'm embarrassed about all this now, but I stretched things as far as I thought I could without offending the Holy Governing Body.

I had to laugh ... who gets shunned by the Walmart greeter???!!!; What a Rodney Dangerfield moment.

Alleymom - LOL I was thinking the same thing!! ('cept I was not so clever to connect Rodney Dangerfield.

Who else but a JW would be shunned by BOTH a Walmart Greeter AND the greeter at the psychology clinic. LOL Too Funny! - In a really, really sad way.

Sorry you family has to keep dealing with this stuff.

-Aude.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Take the JW receptionist to the cleaners, Kwin.

This woman works in a place where people come to heal emotional wounds. Put her on the unemployment line I say.

Jeff

• orbison11
    orbison11

nah jeff, lets put her on the 'welfare' line,

where many of us end up for a little bit when we are shunned:( :)

orbi

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Your privacy concerns are legitimate and should be taken seriously. This woman has access to your files and most likely will read them. As others have mentioned and I’m sure you’re well aware, she probably takes her “duty” as a JW and elder’s wife overboard. You can rest assured that at least Mr. Elder will hear about your visit to the center and most likely he’ll also get the low down on confidential file information as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit