Shunned again, and you won't guess where. EVER.

by kwintestal 99 Replies latest jw friends

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

Jehovah's Witnesses tend to believe they are above the law because "they obey god as ruler rather than man". This fact and its implications are VERY important in the medical situation.

This persons actions already showed that they can not be trusted with confidential issue since they couldn't even act professionally at the very fundemental level of their job (receptionist = greeting patients/clients). If the company is unwilling to remove her from this position, I would proceed with the human rights violation complaint. Just my opinion.

• shera
    shera

Give your daughter a big ******hugs******** from Heather and Makayla!!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I would like to suggest a different course than firing. I would suggest that kwin recommend that she have mandatory counseling.

Firing will only make her feel persecuted for righteousness sake.

AuldSoul

• carla
    carla

I would want this case to become public. Maybe even only the oped section of the paper. Or a formal apology with statement about jw's and their policies regarding shunning and lack of privacy for medical and mental health issues in the paper, LARGE. It would cost less than litigation. They wouldn't even have to mention names, they could run an 'ad' apologizing for something that occured within their company and how clients would not have to worry that anything like that would never happen again. It's a win win situation. They would get their 'kudos' for apologizing and the message about jw's would be put out for all to see as well. Just a thought, carla

• steve2
    steve2

Hey kwin, slow things down!!!!

I agree her boss needs to know.

On the other hand, when you said "Goodbye" to her as you left, she did reply, although you remarked it sounded half-hearted. Also, I think you would have a stronger case if you had politely informed the JW receptionist herself the very least that you would expect from her. This could easily escalate into sledgehammer tactics and it seems an over the top response. What do you want? An ounce of flesh?

• damselfly
    damselfly

Things I would want,

- a verbal apology and assurance it won't happen again from the receptionist,with her boss present. (must include reason why the incident happened)

- copy of that Mary article given to the counsellor with appropriate highlighting.

- a straight answer on if the receptionist knew where the counsellor was or not (and why it wasn't given to you)

- a signed document by the receptionist, stating that all information regarding you and your family will be kept in strict confidence, including the very fact you visit the office at all.

As a RMT I am not allowed to name any clients of mine, past or present or to confirm or deny that I treat them. As a member of the counsellor's health care team, the receptionist should be required to abide by the same rules.

Dams

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I don't want her fired. I would feel awful myself if she was. But something definately has to be done to fix the situation.

I was up until past 2am last night with this bugging me, and after talking to the people from the company I got quite ill, quite quickly, to the point of a migrane and vommiting. I don't usually get stressed like this, it's new territory for me. When I talked to one of the directors, I basically said what happened was I went to the counsellor for help because of being abused (religiously), and was abused by the counsellor (through the receptionist).

Kwin

• damselfly
    damselfly

I forget that this is all new to you.

One of the things that really helped me with my panic attacks/migraines/vomiting was to allow myself to admit I was stressed/sad/angry/scared/filled with rage.

This is going to sound strange, I identify my emotion and what physical effects it is having on my body, then I thank it for showing me what I needed to know and tell it I don't need it anymore. 9 times out of 10 I don't have any physical effects remaining and my stress level is gone.

Anyhoo it works for me.

Dams

• alamb
    alamb

I'm sorry for what you are going through. I have had my share of sleepless nights and throwing up and migraines, etc. I will try Damsel's advice too. Thanks Damsel.

I was shunned and invaded simultaneously also. An elder on my bogus committee also worked for the State. I moved out of my home with my daughters and applied for state insurance for them as their dad wouldn't pay any support for them. The elder also worked at the state office and came up with information out of my file on my bank accounts and jobs when he wasn't the worker on our case. Illegally spying in theocratic warfare. He said my ex shouldn't have to pay me support, I was an apostate and I had $ in the bank. I asked him how he knew that and the silence was deafening. But the others quickly changed the subject. I turned him in.

You are getting good advise here. Don't take the shunning personally, although that is so hard. Brainwashed is brainwashed and maybe she's there for a reason.......so the therapist can see it firsthand and hear the loopy rationale they use to explain it as a loving provision.

*gag*

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I agree Kwin. I think having this woman fired is a bit harsh. However, she has got to realize that if she puts her religious beliefs before her employer's policy or regulations that there will be repercussions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit