Quotes web site: Episode V, The Empire Strikes Back!

by Quotes 112 Replies latest members private

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Robert Frazier posted this link to the "Quotes archives.".it still works...

http://web.archive.org/web/20041012012555/quotes.watchtower.ca/

Snoozy...

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

As with so many others, I too am here to help - just ask.

Nic' - of the "Here I am send me" class.
    www.theWatchtower.org

• rebel8
    rebel8

Quotes,

I posted this on the other thread but here it is again in case you didn't see it: Is there anything I can do to help?

www.jwinfo.50megs.com

• catchthis
    catchthis

It's a shame that you didn't have the BoE letters on your site too. That way if it goes to court, we could see what the official status would be on internal corporate letters -- copyrighted or not? I say put those letters up as soon as you get your site back online. If you are truly taking this all the way up the ladder, you might as well take all of their dirty laundry with you that you can carry.

What else have other sites been shutdown over? Pay Attention book, anything else? Cover every angle in court. Don't just end up going for "how many words constitutes fair use?" COVER EVERYTHING. Pave the way for other websites in the future to post whatever they want. Let's hope you don't end up feeling the same pains like how the CoS ravaged the owner of Xenu.net.

• Robert_V_Frazier
    Robert_V_Frazier

I think someone should alert the media. This would make a great newpaper article. Big religious organization bully picks a fight with a legal, moral, ethical whistle-blowing website. I'm thinking of e-mailing the local newspaper here in Florida.

Robert V Frazier

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

Hey all,

Quotes and I are working on the text of a Press Release right now. As soon as its ready to go, we'll post it for all to see, and if you want to send a copy of it to your local media outlets, that would be great.

Of course, all of this is in the end up to Quotes, I'm just helping him out. We'll keep you posted.

Brandon

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Just when I think I've heard it all, the WT *ssholes pull another. Since when is it a crime to post what people have tried to cram downt the public's throat for over a century? My daughter was raped by these perverted animals and I'm active on Silent Lambs. I have a degree in psychology and am writing a book. I also have media contacts and have already made arrangements to be interviewed. I will see that this cult is destroyed if I have to pray that every KH is hit by lightning. I'm sorry the 9/11 planes didn't miss the towers and hit Bethel instead. I'm also a network engineer. Just put your site on another ISP server, even if it's out of the country. Put your info on newsgroups and mass email whatever you want. Order the flyers from Silent Lambs and give them to everyone you meet. Tell everyone about Freeminds. Put up flyers in local stores, call local newspaper people and give them the story. Tell your friends and neighbors that these people protect child rapists. Maybe in ten years, if a group of JW's gets out of a car to work a street, they will be mobbed before they reach the first door. We outnumber them 1,000 to one. How hard can it be to destroy them? Together we have more money than they do. Put Silent Lambs bumper stickers on your cars, wear the pin, wear the tee-shirts, hand out the flyers. Call the police whenever you see them in the neighborhood. You now how those fake, urban legend emails end up being spread around the world? Just do the same. Email everyone in your address book and ask them to do the same. Everyone has at least a few dozen people on their list. If they all email their list, and so on, wouldn't half the world hear about this within a year? Park outside Kingdom Halls during the meeting and pass out flyers to people walking by. Put flyers on the cars in the parking lot. Put a sign in your window or a cardboard sign on top of your car saying that they lie, rape children, refuse to help the police, etc. Since their tactic of going door to door works so well, we can go door to door with pamphlets and just tell our neighbors that JW's are molesters and we are doing a public service by warning them and leaving a flyer from the Silent Lambs site. What parent wouldn't want to know about that? The sooner we all do this, the less children that will be raped, commit suicide, or spend years in therapy like my daughter is doing. My wife left me 4 years ago, calling me an apostate, and said "Jehovah will take care of it". It's too late, he's had all the time I'm going to give him. Sh*t or get off the pot. When you tolerate child rape and have the power to stop it and don't, then God is to blame for it. I am going to do a mass newsgroup emailing soon. There are dozens of news servers and tens of thousands of groups on each one. Those of you who are computer literate know how to do this. It's now crunch time. Let's all get going and use our energy to go out there and destroy them.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

When you have your press release prepared, I'll send a copy to all media outlets in this area.

SNG

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hey Quotes,

Does your mom know about this latest turn? She'll love it.

Dave

• Quotes
    Quotes

Thanks for all the moral support and adivce.

Don't worry, this material would not "go quietly into that good night. Rage, RAGE! against the dying of the light".

I do have a small information update: I received the following email from my web host at 10:44 today (almost 24 hours after the shutdown)

===================
    Hi [Quotes],

The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania claims that the
    content on http://quotes.watchtower.ca infringes their copyrights and
    trademarks. Our attorney has instructed us to take the site down.
    ===================

Here is my response email:

===================
    Can you please tell me, has a DMCA take down request been filed? If so I believe I am entitled to see a copy of same so that I can file a counter-notice.

It is my position that Watch Tower's claims are in error and I suspect they are using bullying tactics to stop the publication of facts that are inconvenient and embarrassing to them. My attorney thoroughly responded to their claims in January of this year (and I believe [web host] received a copy of our response at that time), and noted that the material they were claiming violated copyright clearly fell under the "fair use" (or as we call it here in Canada, "fair dealing") provision of copyright law. Furthermore, their trademark claim was neither supported by a registered trademark nor a common law trademark. My attorney requested that Watch Tower undertake to respond with certain information so that we could further reconcile the matter. Interestingly, they have not responded to our requests for more information.

At any rate, I understand that [web host]'s position in this is simply one of a third party trying to avoid being caught up in a law suit and I appreciate that -- I would do the same. And for the record, I continue to be very happy with the level of service and value I receive from [web host].

Still, I think I should see the DMCA take down request (if it exists) so I can prepare my response.
    ======================

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit