Quotes web site: Episode V, The Empire Strikes Back!

by Quotes 112 Replies latest members private

• pepheuga
    pepheuga

excellent news.

pepheuga

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Just tried it and got "file not found" Sigh.

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

This is my impression of the thread:

What once was written has no values

that what printed has no worth

only doubts, increasing issues

yet no prayer to the Lord

thats the behavior of a sinner

where the goof is loosing sight

thats decrease and not a winner

silence ends with WT night

monopoly on information

thats passe with no return

internet gives confirmation

let them burn gain and burn.

truth is no oneway road but a highway to light

• Scully
    Scully

kgfreeperson:

Try this link: Quotes

• Quotes
    Quotes

Yes, the news is good! The site is back up.

As I write this, it is unclear whether the recent take down was the result of renewed offensive from WTS, or simply an administrative screw up at my web host, acting on the 4 month old C&D.

I will tell you exactly what I know, and you can decide.

I didn't know for certain if a properly formed DMCA take down had been submitted, but it was a reasonable assmption since
    (A) in January, the web host told WTS that they would have to submit a DMCA take down before the web host could/would do anything
    (B) the site was now down
    (C) in taking the site down, the folder names had been changed to have ".DMCA" added to the end of the name.

So I asked my web host for a copy of the (assmed) DMCA take down request, so that I could prepare my DMCA response. My web host referred me to their lawyer for more information. I sent the lawyer an email and a fax requesting a copy of the (assumed to exist) DMCA take down request; and mentioned how we already dealt with this matter back in January/February. After two days of silence, I received this email from the web host's lawyer:

==================
    My apologies, I did not recall having dealt with this issue in January. I have asked Sagi to restore the site.
    ==================

Surprised and releived, I sent the following email to the lawyer and to the web host:

=================
    [Lawyer], thank you. I still have one question, has there been any additional communications/demands from Watch Tower subsequent to their Jan 11/05 letter? I have not seen anything from them since then, and they have not responded to my lawyer's request for more information. Don't worry, I'm not looking to point fingers of blame if this was just an administration error, I am just wondering what precipitated this recent site shut down and if there has been an additional recent Watch Tower threat.

[web host], how quickly can the site be restored by Sagi?
    ================

I received this reply from the lawyer:

================
    I was under the impression that there had been an additional
    communication, but I have not seen it. I'm currently traveling,
    and was told over the phone that a DMCA notice from Watchtower had
    been received at the office. Since I did not have the file, I did
    not recall the resolution of the DMCA notice back in January. The
    "new" notice was not forwarded to me, however, and no one will be
    in the office again until next week. Your e-mail leads me to
    suspect that the original notice was stored in the fax machine's
    memory and mistaken for new, since something similar has happened
    once before. If that is the case, I truly apologize. In any
    event, I will call Webair and make sure the site is back up this
    evening (if not before).
    =================

The site was back up late friday afternoon/early evening.

So now you know exactly what I know about this. It is still unclear whether there has been a new demand from WTS, or if the January C&D was "resurrected". If/when I get more info, I'll be posting here.

BTW, we will be proceeding with the Press Release, since the basic facts remain unchanged: WTS demanded, and was successful in that demand, to shut down the web site. Whether there has been a second, recent request, is unimportant. They made at least one C&D demand, and they were succussful (at least, temporarily) in silencing the site that simply quotes their own "vital information".

Remember, I'm only doing what they asked me to do:

=========
    *** You Can Live Forever, p.197 ***

You are invited to share in distributing this Bible literature and to explain to others the Bible truths it contains. For example, is there someone with whom you can share the vital information that you have learned from this book, You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth?
    =========

• minimus
    minimus

YAY!!!!

• Poztate
    Poztate

This is GREAT NEWS.... Hope your site continues to stay up

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Hipp Hipp Huzzah!! Awesome news. The truth has no need to fear the light. Yay!

• fairchild
    fairchild

Thank you for sharing the latest developments, Quotes. Good luck with your site, I'm a regular visitor now.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Good show! Glad the site is back up. Will stay tuned.

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit