Quotes website receives "Cease & Desist"

by Quotes 286 Replies latest members private

• Quotes
    Quotes

Just wanted to add:

"The website also entirely reproduces dozens of pieces of Watch Tower's original artwork."

By my count, there are 42 images --> exactly 3.5 Dozen.

Thus, we can see the clear biblical principle: Dozens = 42 = 3.5 x dozen

Applying this counsel to the "TIMES" of Daniel,

"Time and Times and Half a Time"

equals

(TIME) and (3.5 TIME) and (0.5 TIME)

equals a total of "5 Times"

This effectively doubles the length of the Gentile Times to 5040 years. Thus, the end of the gentile times will be in the Year of Our Lord 4495 AD., not 1975.

Thank you, and pleae go now and absorb this New Light.

~Quotes, of the "I thought Dozens = TWO dozen, according to Daniel" class

• jgnat
    jgnat

For researcher geeks:

Canadian Copyright Act

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/C-42/

(1.02) Subsection (1.01) does not confer copyright protection in Canada on a work whose term of copyright protection in the country referred to in that subsection had expired before that country became a Berne Convention country or WTO Member, as the case may be.

Berne Convention

http://www.law.cornell.edu/treaties/berne/overview.html

It appears the US became a Berne Convention country in 1988.

http://www.cni.org/docs/infopols/US.Berne.Convention.html

The US became a WTO member on 1 January 1995.

http://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/whatis_e/tif_e/org6_e.htm

• zev
    zev

where is this link to the entire site in a zipped file?

many tanks.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Quotes, I prophecy your lawyer is gonna have a real handful with you. Just can't keep your wit to yourself, can you?

• Quotes
    Quotes

jgnat, yeah, I'm a sonofabiatch.

Zev, I think it is earlier in this thread, back a few pages.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Glen How, isn't that guy dead yet? I recall seeing him at a special meeting here about 20 years ago and he was ancient then, although compared with some GB members he is young. I remember how everyone in attendance would listen to every word the guy spoke but he came off as a babbling old fool.

His associate John Burns, I knew a bit about him. He was very intelligent guy that went to bethel after he graduated high school. Then when they needed to train more dub lawyers they put him through law school at the publishers expense. Growing up we were all told to be good little dubs, not get a higher education but to go into the full time service. Just one of a number of hypocritical things the WT did over the years. I recall when my mom told me about them putting him through law school and I said something like, "I thought we wouldn't need lawyers in the new system?" My mother wasn't to impressed with that comment.

Anyway I am sure they are reading this post and they can all kiss my ass the F**** hypocrites. Hey Glen and Johnny I am doing all I can to pull people out of your cult. You can serve all the "Cease and Desist" orders you want but the truth is the truth. Go back to defending your perverts and pedophiles. My children see through your mind control crap too and they tell all their friends to not have anything to do with you and your publishing company. What you going to do about that you AH???

Will

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Is there a Jr.? I somehow recall a "Glen How" in the picture of Nathan Knorr and Leo Greenlees in Penton's book....

• Valis
    Valis

I just had a thought, will they also go after Ebay for people selling their old books? Eheheheh that would be a clash of titans methinks.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• catchthis
    catchthis
    "We hereby demand that you take all steps necessary to immediately stop the breach of Watch Tower's copyright."

Here's the clincher. They were pretty good about hitting every area of your site and telling you what was infringing. The logo I can see, the artwork is so-so, the CD is blatantly false, but the quoted material is the key. The actual quotes are also the heart of the site. They of course did not provide any examples of which quotes were infringing. Here is where attorneys AND the court would decide. Everything else on your site can be modified to comply as to a judge's order. But, your webhost will be forced to comply with threats issued by the legal eagles if you do not remove ALL of the quotes. You could cut the quote content in half, but the WT lawyers would still scream infringement. You would never know where to stop cutting until a judge says so. This is what they are hoping for. They are relying solely on you not taking this any further and just giving up and dropping the site forever.

One more thing regarding the name Watchtower:

'The name "Watchtower" is internationally associated with the religious literature published by Jehovah's Witnesses.'

Sneaky. More specifically, they should be concerned with the WORD "watchtower." Many domain names have been fought over concerning the use of words and names. Generally, and in the majority of cases, a word that can be found in the dictionary cannot be trademarked or disputed in internet domain name usage. The word "watchtower" is also associated with castles and Jimi Hendrix. Bottom line is, the word exists in the dictionary and is not associated with religious publishing in ANY dictionary.

I will need to reread that letter again to find some more holes.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Would I get in trouble for defacing ol' Freddy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit