Governing body

by moley 68 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    hoser - “…They are just following what the previous governing bodies did, tweaking the teachings when circumstances force them to…”

This.

The fun starts when the forced tweaks reach the point where any remaining claim to authority becomes essentially nonexistent.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Hoser

Note that we are getting older and infirmer too. We can't see at night, travel is further in worse traffic, thanks to sharing meetings are at 3 or 4 every third year. Covid amplified the loving isolation. (Elders here don't even know some of us are now in hospice). Meetings are still snooze fests.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    This tells me that 75% of the publishers have vanished …..just like smoke!

AMEN!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Gone like smoke.

Yes.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"It’s my experience that, yes, it has changed. Elders are quick to seek legal advice from the branch at even a hint that an incident could be ‘trouble’… I believe they will be told to report it anonymously if WT Legal deems it reportable…”

"Um…

…that doesn’t sound like a change.

That sounds like business as usual."

Indeed! When WT advice becomes: "call the police before you inform the elders," or "don't even involve the elders ", and they completely rescind the two witnesses rule, and admit that involving the police doesn't amount to "taking your brother to court", then, maybe then, we can say that policy has changed.

If the organisation is still the first port of call (informing the elders or the branch before anyone else) then they have not learned a gosh-darned thing.

There's still a whole system wide culture built up around this stuff that needs to be dismantled. If there are not two witnesses, a JW can still be disfellowshipped for slander if they try to warn other JWs about predators.

Tell me what's changed.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The deceivers running the show at headquarters

Menacing Mistral writes: "So the governing body claims that Jesus trusts them and so should jehovah's witnesses, yet they deceptively photoshop this picture rather than create a new picture. The bottom picture(altered) is from the February 2024 watchtower. One has to wonder how much do they alter the jworg website? We're constantly finding alterations done, usually to hide something. One glaring example is how they're subtly erasing Tony Morris from existence as a governing body member."

• Vidiot
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Vanderhoven;

After seeing that picture uploaded,,,of the GB I feel sick to my stomach.

I wonder why that is?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wouldn’t have been quicker, cheaper, and easier just to take a new photo?

This smacks of overkill. 🤨

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    hoser - “…They patted their backs about how Zoom was a blessing from Jehovah…”

”Everything we do is a blessing from God! Even the stuff we came up with ourselves!”

”Everything is proof we’re right! Even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!”

”Everything bad you hear about us is false! Even the stuff that’s true!”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit