Governing body

by moley 68 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    It would seem the charismatic leaders of the last century of the WBTS are long gone and what you have left are a group of corporate goons whose only goal is to keep the gravy train going.

Big Dog, you nailed it. That is just exactly what is happening. They sense that the organization is going off the rails on a gravy crazy train and have no freaking idea of what to do about it.

The good news is that people are starting to wake up. The GB just can't figure out why people are getting off their Crazy Train. Too many mental wounds not healing. People are figuring out that it is the WT that is making them sick.

Ozzy Osbourne seemed to prophesy about this moment in JW history:

Crazy Train by
    Ozzy Osbourne

All aboard! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaa!
    Ay, ay, ay, ay, ay, ay, ay...

Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love and forget how to hate

Mental wounds not healing
    Driving me insane

I'm going off the rails on a crazy train

Let's go!

I've listened to preachers, I've listened to fools
    I've watched all the dropouts who make their own rules
    One person conditioned to rule and control
    The media WT sells it and you live the role

Mental wounds not healing
    Who am I to blame?

I know that things are going wrong for me
    You've got to listen to my words

So, to any GB reading this post - this song is for you:

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Having personally known and worked around half the GB in the 70s, having read the bios of GB 2.0, and having known a few Watchtower Attornies, I would say it is a combination.

GB 1.0 (except Franz and Knorr) were like your sincere average Elders. You could disagree with them(as long as you had a smile) and reason with them. They had "street cred" but no education and average IQs.

The Watchtower Attornies and Accountants have usually been well read experienced elders, WITH above-average IQs, and advanced College Degrees. They are experienced in INFLUENCEING others. They don't claim to have a special "calling"...they don't hear God talking to them. :)

GB 2.0-3.0 have unusual biographies. Long after the official heavenly calling cut-off date they "HEARD" a calling and started partaking. Personally, I think many suffer from psychosis, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, schizoaffective disorder, or severe depression. IE: "TRUE BELIVERS".

I think the educated professionals have their hands full influencing these fanatical nut cases....therefore the flip flops.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

What Big Dog and balaamsass said, with a caveat…

…the stewards/corporate goons know it’s wrong, but believe it’s True…

…at the same time.

They have to.

The Org has evolved to only allow True Believers make their way to the top…

however…

rising to the top cannot help but reveal everything behind the curtain…

…so even if it jades them once they’ve learned the WT’s dirty (not-so-)secrets, their entire existential well-being has become utterly dependent on both believing and the continued survival of the Org.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Sea Breeze - “…They sense that the organization is going off the rails on a gravy crazy train and have no freaking idea of what to do about it…”

It’s called the “nightmare stage” of “wishful thinking”.

Not to mention it’s becoming increasingly clear that to weather the storm, the WTS has really no other choice but to - for all intents and purposes - implement authentic mainstream reform (whilst fighting the knee-jerk reaction to double down on, well, everything)…

…which cannot help but flush their claim of exclusive divine favor down the toilet…

…which essentially eliminates any remaining incentive to even be a Jehovah’s Witness.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The internet era of the especially the last 15-22 years definitely is the Borgs worst nightmare.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""Not to mention it’s becoming increasingly clear that to weather the storm, the WTS has really no other choice but to - for all intents and purposes - implement authentic mainstream reform (whilst fighting the knee-jerk reaction to double down on, well, everything)…""

It's more clear than ever,,that the Borg has painted itself into a corner by it's damaging policies.. If they were more Christian like and didn't heavy handedly practise such erroneous policies, perhaps they wouldn't be in the dilemma they are now.

Bless the internet era. They can be exposed to who they really are.

• Sea Breeze
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

HaHa good one!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Beth Sarim - “…It's more clear than ever, that the Borg has painted itself into a corner by it's damaging policies…
    True Believers, remember?

They’d’ve never thought in a million years that kind of thing might happen (from their POV, to do so would arguably be displaying a lack of faith)…

…and even if it did, Armageddon would bail ‘em out at the last minute anyway, so why worry?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Beth Sarim - “…If they were more Christian-like and didn't heavy handedly practise such erroneous policies, perhaps they wouldn't be in the dilemma they are now…”

Bingo.

That’s the inherent problem with using heavy-handed (or under-handed) tactics in your efforts to claim the moral high ground…

…the moment you do it, you forfeit the moral high ground.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit