Governing body

by moley 68 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• pepperheart2
    pepperheart2

yes its shrinking they are still selling kingdom halls of now after many years of doing it and expecting people with low paid part time jobs to keep paying bills is not a good finance model

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Like I always say,,the WT is its own worst enemy.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Sell ‘em all off, I say…

…the further the rank-and-file have to drive to the meetings, they more they’re inclined to go on Zoom…

…the more they go on Zoom, the easier it is to tune out…

…the easier it is to tune out, the more fading becomes appealing…

…the more faders there are, the more the leadership feels compelled to fudge the numbers…

…the more they fudge the numbers, the more it becomes obvious that they’re doing so…

…the more it becomes obvious that they’re fudging things, the more they’ll alienate decent rank-and-filers…

…the more rank-and-filers become alienated, the more will leave…

…and so on, and so forth…

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

And keep the civil suits coming to make sure the Hall sales keep coming.

Every little one is another bite from an ever-hungrier school of piranhas.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Do they now encourage the elders or the parents to call the police, or do they still insist on the two witnesses rule? If not, what's changed?

It’s my experience that, yes, it has changed. Elders are quick to seek legal advice from the branch at even a hint that an incident could be “trouble”. Sorry, too incriminating to share specifics but I was concerned for the family involved and insisted they get legal advice, even recommending our attorney.

I believe they will be told to report it anonymously if WT Legal deems it reportable.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Could the WT be in collapse mode perhaps?

• pepperheart2
    pepperheart2

if you have a branch office in a poor country if you only have 100 people living there and it costs only $10 a week for food and other bills in a year thats $52,000, how many branches in africa and asia are paying their way ???.if they follow the advice of the watchtower its dont go to collage ,dont get full time jobs .T he mormon cult have given $30 million to the world food programe.but mormons do go to collage and they even have some of their own

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    “It’s my experience that, yes, it has changed. Elders are quick to seek legal advice from the branch at even a hint that an incident could be ‘trouble’… I believe they will be told to report it anonymously if WT Legal deems it reportable…”

Um…

…that doesn’t sound like a change.

That sounds like business as usual.

• hoser
    hoser

Are the governing body in charge?

Yes and no

Watchtower is a corporation riding on the inertia of the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s. Eventually the momentum ends and the object ceases to move.

They are just following what the previous governing bodies did, tweaking the teachings when circumstances force them to.

Covid was the game changer for this cult. The gb quickly adapted to zoom and people stayed at home for 2 years. They patted their backs about how Zoom was a blessing from Jehovah. When it was time to go back to the Kingdom Hall most realized that they could still do zoom.

When me and the missus go to the in person meeting we see a half empty Kingdom Hall, and this is from 2 former congregations as we have combined with another hall. This tells me that 75% of the publishers have vanished …..just like smoke!

• LV101
    LV101

Hoser that's beautiful news! Thx -- I can sleep now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit