Governing body

by moley 68 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I blame Boozerford.

He got his knickers in a twist when other preachers (justifiably) called him out on the WTS’s authenticity…

“Oh, yeah? Shows what those fuckers know! Not only are we a legitimate religion, we’re the only legitimate religion, because fuck you, that’s why! Now pour me a fucking drink!”

😁
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The Borg really has a tiger by the tail.

I just cant see them relinquishing its heavy handed policies suddenly.

Either the Borg will double down on such policies or just slightly soften them bit by bit.

There is NO way possible they can relinquish them all at once.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think their reasoning could be that if they can just get past the CSA scandals........ they will survive.

I believe they have plugged the hole in the dike by taking extreme measures if there is even a "hint" of any kind of misconduct involving a child. While they were once too lax, the lawsuits have forced them to review their policies and operations so as to avoid any more liability. (Yes, it is about avoiding the liability more than avoiding injury to a child.) But no one ever imagined various States relaxing the statute of limitations on victims seeking financial restitution. As a result, cases from decades past are finding their way into the Court system and costing them MILLION$. I suspect there are many more settlements (with gag orders) than there are cases that go to court. Both the victims and their attorneys are wanting to see the CA$H awards. It is much quicker to agree to a smaller settlement "now" than face years of jockeying back and forth in the Courts. Thus, attorneys push for a quick cash settlement to get their 30% fee rather than spend 10's or 100's of thousand$ of dollars and years and years of depositions, postponements, etc, etc for what might prove to be only a little (or even no) better of an award.

And of course, WTS/GB may be counting on Armageddon bailing them out before they are bankrupt.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Armageddon,,,,was a no show. Will always be a no show.

Armageddon isn't saving anyone's ass.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

DesirousOfChange: "I believe they have plugged the hole in the dike by taking extreme measures if there is even a "hint" of any kind of misconduct involving a child"

Do they now encourage the elders or the parents to call the police, or do they still insist on the two witnesses rule? If not, what's changed?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"Do they now encourage the elders or the parents to call the police, or do they still insist on the two witnesses rule? If not, what's changed?"

The two witness rule.

Which reigns supreme in dubland.

They use that and hide behind it.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Are the governing body really in charge or are they just a figurehead with the real power being behind the curtain

As documented on this site many times, the Kerfuffles are in charge.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    DesirousOfChange - “…cases from decades past are finding their way into the Court system and costing them MILLION$. I suspect there are many more settlements than there are cases that go to court…”

And just in case there’s anyone here tempted to pooh-pooh all those little settlement cases as insignificant…

…just remember…

…a thousand hungry piranhas can and will fuck up your shit way worse than one big-ass shark.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"a thousand hungry piranhas can and will fuck up your shit way worse than one big-ass shark."

A very astute observation! 👍 With one small flaw: that metaphor has predator and victim in the wrong positions...

But it's nice to see the 'Tower being devoured one bite at a time 👍

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yes its shrinking bit by bit all the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit