2015 service report

by mommyfirstandalways 109 Replies latest members private

• sir82
    sir82

Where are all the new publishers coming from if not from newly baptized ones?

Best guess: All the JW kids who are pressured by mom & dad to become "unbaptized publishers", and do so for a few years, but then decide not to get baptized.

• Splash
    Splash
    Mortality rate would account for 80,000

I don't think you can apply a global mortality rate to the JW demograph.
    There's a bias towards older ones within JW's, and therefore they will be dropping at a faster rate than average.

Let's speculate:
    A 1992 WT once said there are 1% DF'd per year, not including faders.
    If 260,000 were baptised but the increase was only 20,000 then there are a missing 240,000.

1% DF'd from 8,000,000 is 80,000 DF'd.
    1.5% dying is 120,000.
    0.5% fading is 40,000.
    This adds up to the missing 240,000.

This might not be too far from the truth of it.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    interesting
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard

baptisms down from previous year

% increase over previous year 0.226

memorial attendees down

please publish the partakers you idiots!

jeehovahs celestial chariot moving at breakneck speed! the less than 19k increase of publishers from the previous year must be very worrying for them now the 0.226 increase from previous year must the lowest ever, I wonder if they know that the worlds population has reached 7.3 billion?

• cofty
    cofty
    SBF - I am puzzled by your last comment. What have I missed?
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit
    I can't wait to see the official report by country. I want to see who the "Loser" countries are!
  • Warwickslave
    Warwickslave

The numbers will be worse in the next five years. The number of baptize will drop below 250,00 soo. That's still to many kids getting dunked.

• freddo
    freddo

The impact of the Royal Commission won't have been felt yet either. It was only just getting out in late July/August 2015.

I didn't hear any dubs talking about it until late August September. Anyone who stopped reporting will happen this year! Then add the money grab. And the Bethel layoffs.

This year - 2015/16 has got to be worse for the Borg. Even if they lie about the figures...

This is good news indeed.

• steve2
    steve2

Dropoffyourkeylee:

One really curious thing about the table of figures in Splash's post is the number of baptisms. All the other columns show a similar pattern of growth in the 25 years since 1990, except for Baptisms which is relatively flat. Baptisms as a percent of publishers, or maybe a better measure is Baptisms as a percent of congregations, has been declining for years. Where are all the new publishers coming from if not from newly baptized ones?

Very good points.

Also keep in mind that throughout the 1990-2000 decade, annual baptisms exceeded 300,000 eight times.

How many times since that decade have annual baptisms exceeded 300,000?

Zero - although in 2006 and 2009, they were just shy of 300,000 (298,304 and 294,368 respectively).

• steve2
    steve2

SBF - I am puzzled by your last comment. What have I missed?

Me too cofty. I am sure that he will clarify his comment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit