2015 service report

by mommyfirstandalways 109 Replies latest members private

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    This may be a ridiculous question but I want to understand. Wouldn't some of these numbers be YTD? And if so, as of what month?

Their "service year" is october through september, so these numbers would be for the 2015 service year, which started in october of 2014 and ended september 2015.

• sir82
    sir82
    Slight correction: Service year runs from September 1 thru August 31.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Thanks, I was thinking the annual meeting started the service year but now that I think about it, you're right.
  • NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

So these ARE final numbers? WAHOO!

Now I'm celebrating!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    It divides up some countries into "lands". In the past, it was often done by where there were branch offices.

Or occasionally combines countries into one land. Northern Ireland and the Republic one "land" - controversial much? That'll be the JW "neutrality" kicking in.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

In the yearbook report, Portugal, Madeira Island, and Azores Islands are counted as three separate "lands"; but politically they're all part of Portugal, albeit they enjoy some political autonomy (regional parliament, for example). In any case, there was never any separate WT branch for these autonomous territories, so this distinction doesn't make any sense.

Eden

• bradford
    bradford

So everyone will put their JW glasses on and see it this way:

Love of the greater number is cooling off (idk what the JW meaning of that verse is anymore) !! The end is IMMINENT.

• Splash
    Splash

Aesthetic improvement and a longer history of figures to include the great 1975 fiasco...

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew
    The red accents are BEAUTIFUL!
  • steve2
    steve2

Thanks Splash. Today, you da man!

How interesting that in 2014 there were over 830 more partakers of the emblems than there were nearly 55 years ago in 1960 - the one area of increase jw organization does not want!

Notice also that in the earlier listed decades, Memorial attendance inexorably increased year after year, with the very first recorded decline in 1977, and the second just under 20 years later (1996).

So all this talk about the increase or decrease of Memorial attendance depending on the day of the week (weekends having a positive correlation with increased attendance) on which it is held is a purely recent occurrence. In earlier decades it did not matter what day it was held because increased attendance on the year before was still evident.

Another observation: Because jw organization slices the world's territories up in "lands" - and not countries - it creates the impression that JWs are actively present in more places than any other group. Another poster pointed out there are only about 180 to 200 "countries" in the world (could someone provide a more exact number), whereas jws boast being active in 239 "lands".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit