1 In 3 Britons Think Bush Is Stupid Says Poll

by minimus 132 Replies latest social current

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Well of course the media is biased Simon. Wouldn't it be naive to think otherwise? You can see a story on CNN and it will be skewed in one direction and skewed in another on Fox.

So I believe Lew's baloney when he says the media is biased

• minimus
    minimus

If 1 in 3 people thought I was stupid, I might run for president too.

• logansrun
    logansrun

If anything the media is biased towards a conservative viewpoint. Just think about it: they're owned by megacorporations who favor the rich and powerful and do not wish to change things very much. The fact that the media "appears" somewhat liberal (as opposed to the reactionaries) works right into conservative hands. An illusion of dissent is created in the public's minds. Joe Sixpack thinks: "Well, the media appears liberal, how could I possibly go further to the left then them!"

Just look at the way non-American media report on the US. Try the BBC for instance. Humungoid difference.

Noam Chomsky has a lot to say about that. I don't agree with him on everything, but he makes a lot of sense in this area.

Bradley

• Simon
    Simon
    you believe reporting only the minority view is fair and balanced

No, that is not what I said (and BTW that was a very poor attempt at a straw argument).

Are you saying that there has been absolutely no media coverage of Bush or his policies? You make some pretty far-out claims. Maybe that's why I have a hard time taking anything you say seriously and anything more than a joke or some rambling.

I agree that if anything, the US news media is heavily biased towards the conservatives (esp Fox !) but however much they may back them, they have obviously decided that they are not going to go down with them when the whole thing crumbles.

If 1 in 3 people thought I was stupid, I might run for president too.

Isn't there a saying that anyone can become president? Maybe Bush is the proof ... or more likely, he's the proof that money can buy the presidency.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    I agree that if anything, the US news media is heavily biased towards the conservatives (esp Fox !)

Is that why only Foxnews reports on the memo's coming from the Democratic side of Congress showing their strategy for unseating Bush, going against all rules of ethics, while mainstream media ripped into the memo from Rumsfeld? Hardly sounds like Conservative bias to me.

Perhaps you can explain why mainstream media has not reported on the bi-partisan visit to Iraq where even some Democrats returned and stated the media isn't reporting both sides of what is going on there? Again, I hardly see these two examples as Conservative B**s.

If a mega Billionare such as George Storos started a private campaign to unseat any Democrat, by whatever means possible, would mainstream media barely report that? They rightfully dug and kept digging at Nixon back in '73 and '74 until the full story came out. During Clinton scandals, we mostly heard how bad Ken Starr was for looking.

Even when I posted an article from a UK news source, the Telegraph, you came in saying how b**sed it was. I find it odd that any news favorable to Bush is considered b**sed and unworthy of print and anything negative, regardless of how ludicrous, is accepted as factual and honest.

A post was made with an article which you yourself declared was just "military-cult political bullshit" but how many negative articles have been let stand openly? The b**s is there, whether you believe it to be balloney or not.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Oh give it a rest you two.

One man's politics is another's anathema. There's nothing more infuriating than political discussion, all it does is alienate people from each other so that we no longer see the person making the post, only the politics.

Enough I say!

I vote we have a political forum for members only and that until then the subject is put on ice.

Englishman.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Amen, Mike, I second that. All politics does is ruin friendships. Ask yourselves, Is it worth it?

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Eman speaketh, Dakota Doeth.

Simoneth?

• Panda
    Panda

Badger, President Bush doesn't need to resort to children for blow jobs, apparently he and Laura are happy with their sex life with each other. You know the spouse having sex with the other spouse... I don't think Bill Clinton even considered that.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

well knock me over!

It is too bad they don't take the money used to fund polls that come to obvious conclusions and spend it somewhere else, like buying the rights to the Beatles music back from Micheal Jackson.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit