MY CONSULTING TRIP TO BETHEL (starting over) PART 6

by seven006 66 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

Hey, dave, was the rusty pelican the one down on the waterfront? I was just 18 in '88, but I snuck into my share of portland bars. When I was a bit older, I used to go to the lotus downtown. Oh, yeah, & the acropolis has great steak!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    All I could do was shake my head and think how glad I was to finally be out of the clutches of that insane religion.

Hear hear! A lot our former dub acquaintances look at people like me and you and think to themselves "how could they have left something soooo wonderful!" *BARF*

BTW, the 'freshly pissed in urinal' simile, was, um....interesting

• jukief
    jukief

Hey, Dave! When are you going to get to the part where you meet US? That's the best part of the story!

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I really enjoy reading your life story. You have become a wonderful storyteller..a true art form...

Leslie

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Dave, another great read! I too would be completely clueless if I was taken to a "meat market" ... and I don't have anything cool like a Porsche or art talent to help!

• seven006
    seven006

Chevy,

Just wait until I start from the beginning and talk about how it felt growing up loving your parents but hating being a Jr. door to door sales rep for the Watchtower society. Iv just begun to tell this story.

Avishai,
    Yep, it was that Busty P,. right next to Tequila Willies in Johns Landing. You're right, the Acropolis does have good stakes. It's a five star restaurant disguised as a strip joint. It's the only place Iv ever been in where the guys tell the stripers to leave them alone cuz they're eating. Next time your mom calls me I'm telling her you went there.

Dan,
    << >>

I hear the same thing from heroin users about ex-heroin users.

<<

• razorMind
    razorMind
    Unfortunately, only those of us on this board can understand how really crazy it all is.

Totally, wholeheartedly agree!!!

• Aztec
    Aztec

Patrick Nagel...OMG! He's still popular here in Michigan...LOL! We're a tad behind the times in the midwest. This part of your story was definately less heart wrenching and more exhilarating to read! I loved it!

~Aztec

PS I forgot to mention it in the last part/thread but, the pic you posted of one of your pieces is very good! After designing and framing alot of crappy "art" your work is a breath of fresh air! I did get to frame an original Miro last week though so, my job does have some perks! :-D

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Had to stop reading a few times to wipe the laugh tears outta my eyes.

Great all the way through.

I caught something you said about dancing letters. I knew someone with that problem. She stopped them from dancing by using a colored piece of heavy plastic sheet (the kind that you might cover books with) over the words. Hers was green but I have heard others find different colors work best for them.

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

I'll have to agree. The bar / meat market scene and the Harlot image flashing before your eyes as described is priceless! Since I don't dance either, I can understand the sudden emotions (fear) and sweating from being pulled to a dance floor. Great storytelling and like everyone else, I'm anxious for more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit