born again Christians

by ymrah 212 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Crumbs - did I take that long to post?? There have been four posts, since I starteed writing.

Dansk:
    Sorry, mate, I posted that link to supply the text, not the critique.

I couldn't agree more, about needing some cool water, on this thread. It's heating up nicely.
    I think I'll go get a beer...

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Sorry, Billygoat, but that whole post is based on a misconception! LT was on line less than half an hour before you sent that post! Anyway, what has that to do with this debate?
    Usually it's us Born Againers that are accused of getting too emotional

Eh...that is not the way to prove your point!

Aw come one friend. This debate need not be this serious. Besides you accidentally left off my little smilie that shows I was joking. I know you wouldn't leave it off intentionally.

Perhaps Little Toe didn't realize EXACLTY what question you were referring to. Does it ever hurt to give someone the benefit of the doubt before you start using exclamation points like your ears are steaming? This whole debate is NOT that big of a deal. Get your points across, listen to other points being made, and let's move on and be friends.

Dansk,

Perhaps we humans quibble about things that aren't really THAT dissimilar???

Just me thinking out loud,

Andi

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Littletoe,

In fact your demanding them with CAPS kinda inclines me to ignore you. Neither do I need to give you yes or no answers. What right do you have to demand them?
    This, btw, is one of the few buttons that I have. It ranks right up there with telling me what I believe and adamantly refusing to accept any evidence to the contrary!

Can you please provide evidence of this?

In fact, you have still not answered my questions (that are a result of your postings, BTW):

Do you have the guts to do it now, I wonder?

LT,

So essentially what you are saying is that you must be "born again" to become a Christian, which leads to an eternal existence with God?

SO, correct me if I am wrong, "born again" Christians are the only "true" Christians, and the only Christians (and indeed people, period), who will gain this "eternal life" and ALL other Christians/people will become "manure", as you put it?

Spanner

• DJ
    DJ

Spanner,

I won't resort to calling you obtuse...lol....but your question has been answered. I will attempt to reword it for you again. I have answered you already just as others her have! Just look at the title of the thread>>>it says BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS.....to any Christian that is redundant!! Yes, all Christians have been born again. And yes.......of course it would likely follow that if we....as Christians believe what Christ taught then NO....there is salvation in none other than Christ. If there was another way that was taught by our Savior, we would say so, but we as Christians naturally believe what Christ said on the matter, or we wouldn't be Christians, now would we? Love, dj

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Billygoat:
    I love your posts, on this thread.
    The more I read, the more gutted I am that we never got to meet in Dallas.
    Hope you and the other half are doing well.

Ah LT, I have thought the same thoughts. MegaDude always tells me what Joy you have in your testimony and experiences. I LOVE that. Joy is something this world is in short supply of and when I meet a joyous person it's always such a gift! JOY is what the Christian life is representing. Not "happiness", but JOY. Such a big difference. We have to talk more! My other half is doing very well. Another gift in my life.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

DJ, How could I be a stooopid Spanner!? Of course! If you are not a "Born-Again-Christian" then you are doomed!

Spanner

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Spanner:

Do you have the guts to do it now, I wonder?

Haha haha hahahaha

Read my history, and read some of my posts, if you truly believe that!!!

You'll not evoke a response out of me using that kind of tactic. It's vaguely infantile.
    Meanwhile, while you cool off, I'll carry on reading the board...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Ah, LT and BG, my two favourite BA's

Still, I gotta tell you guys, It's probable I like you so much because of how different you are from my usual experience with Born againers, so... make of that what you will.

Let me share one thing about my faith, er, lack thereof, and then I promise not to hound you to convert, lol. In response to:

What about JT's point that if you're a Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu, etc., and have never come to Christ you're damned!

Andi said:

The big difference here though Dansk is that true Christians KNOW they can NOT make that judgement. Are you a Christian? No. Do I think you're damned? I don't know - I can NOT answer yes or no. I cannot read your heart and do not understand your relationship with God. If a Christian tells you that you are damned to hell - don't believe them. Why? Number one they aren't God and can't read your heart. It burns me to NO END when my fellow Christians point accusatory fingers at others like that! IT'S NOT THEIR PLACE!!!

As a true non-christian, I don't just "know that I can NOT make that judgement", I in fact, have decided most assuredly that Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu's etc. are NOT damned. Now that's freedom, my friends, and that is also equality. I not only don't "judge" gay people as being damned, I'm damned sure thier not! You wouldn't believe how nice a feeling that is. We all tend to make judgements, I love that I can make the loving judgement (of deciding that other peoples, other types, are just as ok as those I grew up around) w/o any fear that I'm going against the big pappa.

It's the most excelling way, lol.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Why will you not answer my questions, LT. ?

Spanner

• DJ
    DJ

Sheeeesh Spanner.........you are obtuse! Why can't you see that ALL Christians are born again?? You are stuck in neutral and refuse to read what has been said!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit