MAJOR TV SHOW TO DISCUSS JW CHILD ABUSE

by Scully 170 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Scully
    Scully

edp81 writes:

Please let me know where I can get a copy of this program. One of my profs. in college will be especially interested in this program.

There are some people who will be capturing it and making it available to view online. If you look through the posts on this thread, you'll see where you can order transcripts and videos.

I've already promised several copies to people, but if I have a few extra, I will announce it on the board. We must keep on with the "worldwide education work", mustn't we??

Love, Scully

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

When will the Watchtower Society realize that the problem will not go away--until they do something about it? Keep it before their eyes. Way to go, you Canadians!

• tryingtounderstand
    tryingtounderstand

I can tell you from my own experience that abuse happens everywhere but what do you think of this.

5 years ago I married into a family of witnesses. I lived through a lot of abuse as my husband physically, mentally and verbally abused me for years. He never laid a hand on my children until this last October. He beat my son in the face several times and then plead guilty to assault in the 4th. We have divorced and we filed an EPO. His parents were real upset with me saying that this abuse was our fault. They knew that he plead guilty and they knew of his violent history and his long criminal record.

In December, he broke into our home and beat my son with a crow bar nearly killing him. We think that he was planning to take out the whole family. He is now in jail and facing charges of attempted murder, burglary in the 1st and breaking his DVO. His family has been absolutely horrible to us. I am not a witness but was studying periodically in hopes of understanding. My children have begged me to stop studying and never marry or date another witness. They associate this behavior of my ex's with the behavior of all witnesses. His parents smile and laugh at us in court and now we worry about our safety with them on the loose. They blame us for the whole thing.

What concerns me is that evidently they believe that what their precious son is all right. These same people are going door to door for service and his father is a speaker. How can someone live double standards? What do I tell my children? How do I explain what is going on? They are scared and we are still living this nightmare each time we see his parents. Obviously, my ex learned this behavior somewhere but was it his parents?

• starfish422
    starfish422

After the show airs, I wouldn't be surprised if you could go to the CBC website www.cbc.ca and follow the links to the Fifth Estate page; very often they will have the segment available on Media Player format which you can just click on. :)

Can't wait to watch it! Thanks for the headsup!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Good to see starfish again and Welcome t.t.u.,

How can someone live a double standard?? Well .. they are in a cult and as long as the member is in good standing then ... every JW will like him. It is only when the JW is marked or df'ed by the group's leader will they all go after him.

You should talk to Laurie Fitzwater who with her husband tried to stop Daniel Fitzwater. Lauire was given the boot while good old Dan boy sits in jail, still a JW in good standing.

Now its 2 weeks to go until the show airs in Canada or as I say .... it 2 weeks until we ....

..... Kick the tires and light the fires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hawk

• starfish422
    starfish422

**bump**

• jasguild
    jasguild

I would be more than willing to pay reasonable cost to get a copy of this documentary. I hope at some point it is aired in the US and worldwide. There are so many people that need this information ;that a show like this would be helpful.

Please email me if someone in Canada would be willing to assist me in this regard.<BR></P>
    Thanks

jasguild

[email protected]

• starfish422
    starfish422

**bump**

• gumby
    gumby

Tryingtounderstand..........check your mail.

Gumby

• Perry
    Perry

Hi Skully,

I just found this thread. Thanks a million for publishing the information. I can't wait for it to air.

Take Care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit