MAJOR TV SHOW TO DISCUSS JW CHILD ABUSE

by Scully 170 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• acsot
    acsot

Okay, help! Technical help! I have a new flat screen TV, hooked up my DVD player, and last night hooked up the VCR to the TV also. I can play movies or whatever but I can't get it to record!! What am I doing wrong? For tonight's show I'm not so worried but I want to tape it next week!!!!!

If all else fails I'll haul the VCR upstairs to my little tiny TV with no cable (CBC is about all I receive on that TV) but the picture won't be as clear as on the flat screen.

Do I need another kind of cable? I'm not using the "S hook" or whatever it's called.

If I get it recording properly I'll be able to send my copy to someone (Scully?) so they can make copies.

• starfish422
    starfish422

Ascot - I'm not sure which order you have them hooked up in; but make sure your cable is coming into your VCR; you may even want to unhook the DVD entirely for taping. Play around with it and see what works. :)

**edited to add: also, this may go without saying but when I unplug my VCR I have to autoset all the channels again after plugging it in.

Edited by - starfish422 on 22 January 2003 17:0:25

• acsot
    acsot

starfish422: That's right! I forgot about the cable! it's not hooked up to the VCR. Thanks!

• Seven
    Seven

Ascot, I was having the same problem with my VCR not recording until I discovered I had to use the remote that came with the VCR and not the one I use for digi cable/TV and the DVD player. I didn't have to do anything different with the hookup. Hope it works for you.

• somebody
    somebody

BTTT

Thank you all who let us know that we can probably watch it with realplayer after it airs.

peace,

somebody

• Gerard
    Gerard

bttt

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

After watching the promo last night I just gotta think this just has to leave a mark!!!!

Has anybody sent any Depend undergarments (new or partially used) to Georgetown yet?

hawk

• Scully
    Scully

Hawkaw:

Maybe we should take up a collection.... it would be a nice gesture to deliver some receptacles for all the $h!t that's going to hit the fan on January 29.

Love, Scully

• outnfree
    outnfree
    Has anybody sent any Depend undergarments (new or partially used) to Georgetown yet?

hawk

you wicked man! LOLOLOLOLOL

out

• acsot
    acsot

Thanks to starfish422 and SevenofNine I might actually get the VCR up and running (or should I say recording?) for next week. I'll be practicing for the next few days. So, on the assumption that I actually do have a recorded show, after I watch it I don't want to just leave it lying around. I could send it to someone (preferably in Canada because of customs duties and whatever) who could make copies. If there's someone who could do that, please reply to this topic, not my e-mail since I don't always access it (not yet with internet at home, and here at work it's blocked due to spam mail). Then I'll get an account with an internet caf and get the delivery instructions. Or whatever.

Blondie has my e-mail address from work (with my real name - eeeeks!) so I could always send it to her but then she may have to pay customs duties or whatever.

This is just a thought, if no one's interested I'll just hang on to my copy!

Cheers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit