Sleigh Ride, Anyone?

by Farkel 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi Fark,

You really can play the piano! I loved both versions. My windows XP player worked fine with it.

Give us some more.

Ken P.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Wow the vibes one sounds like you are playing a xylophone!

Both are beautiful.

<standing and appaulding Da Farkel>

Thank you for sharing some of your talent with us!

j2bf

• gumby
    gumby

Well done ol bud....well done!

Damn....I didn't know you had any REAL talent

I too like the piano best without the vibes.

Where's the vocals chicken?

• Solace
    Solace

Im a little speechless..

I can imagine you playing Beethovens Fur Elise or Pachelbels Canon.

You are good and were right, you probably could make me cry. "Oh holy night" and "What child is this" are very sweet and the theme from "Somewhere in time" always gets to me.

• Farkel
    Farkel

heaven,

: I can imagine you playing Beethovens Fur Elise or Pachelbels Canon.

I play Fur Elise, but it's rather trivial and most people don't play it correctly. How about Beethoven's "Apassionata?" Now THAT is not trivial! I play that, too.

: You are good and were right, you probably could make me cry.

If I could do that it would only be with the hope that they were tears of joy. I had a lot of females who didn't know a thing about music, but who cried tears of joy when I played any middle movement of a Mozart sonata. Hell, I cried just playing that music myself! Mozart is in a league of his own, and NO one comes close to doing what Mozart did.

: "Oh holy night"

Piece of cake.

: and "What child is this"

Ah, "Greensleeves!" The old British minstrel song. Piece of cake.

: are very sweet and the theme from "Somewhere in time" always gets to me.

I used to play that, but don't have the music for it now. The rhythm on that one is tricky, but it's not especially difficult to play. That was one of my favorite love stories. Despite my bluster, I'm a die-hard romantic.

BTW, did you see how much progress Christopher Reeves has been making lately? That man is tough! I admire him a lot. I was told for years (before I got old and ugly) that I looked like "Superman." It cost me a bloody fortune to pay females to say that, though!.

I got lotsa MORE music to play. What do you want next: Mozart Sonatas, Beethoven Sonatas, Brahms: Rhapsodies (I play them both), Waltzes, Lullibies, Hungarian Dance #5, Bach: Preludes & Fugues, Chopin: Preludes, Waltzes, Polonaises, Ballades, Scherzos, Etudes, Debussy: Claire de Lune, Dr. Gradus ad Parnassum, Golliwog's Cakewalk, The Engulfed Cathedral, his beautiful Arabesque in E major, Rachmaninoff Preludes: C# minor or G minor, Ravel's Pavanne, Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsodie #2, Liebestraum #3 in A flat Major, the Unsuspiro Etude in D flat major, Grieg's March of the Dwarfs, or March Wind, Sinding's Rustles of Spring. There are many more pieces that I play.

I'm currently polishing and getting ready to record Franz Liszt's piano transcription of Ravel's delicious orchestration of "Danse Macabre." It's about ghosts and skeletons dancing around the graveyard after midnight on Halloween. Therefore, it is obviously "demonized!" I'd bet that just about all of you have heard this one, even those of you who happened to be unfortunate enough to like the totally worthless music of the 1980's. Don't get me wrong. I'm not opinionated, or anything.

OR, would you prefer a little Scott Joplin, Misty by Erroll Garner, Bumble Boogie, Flight of the Bumble Bee, Kitten on the Keys or my newest creation: "The 'DubSticks' Fantasia?"

The "Dubsticks Fantasia" is a cross between chopsticks and that famous Watchtower classic piece of musical achievement known as "From House-to-House." It's a silly piece, actually, but my idea was to show how a new dub goes from "normal" (i.e. "chopsticks") into craziness (i.e. "From House-to-House") It's a merry-go-round ride of goofiness. I'll record it and put it up if anyone is interested.

Farkel
    Glad That Some People Appreciates His Music, Class

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I'll record it and put it up if anyone is interested.

Yes! Your rendition was outstanding. Clean, clear and crisp (how's that for alliteration).

Beethoven Sonatas
    I love Mozart's sonatas (I'm not very good with names), but I'm not familiar Beethoven's. How about both?
  • bikerchic
    bikerchic

Ahhhh a-vonderful, a-vonderful!

*aplause* for Farkel !!

Katie

• Gopher
    Gopher

Great stuff, Farkel! You displayed good technique, I could dance to it, I give it a 97.

"Sleigh Ride", "Jingle Bells" and "Winter Wonderland" (a.k.a. "Winter Underwear") were the only seasonal songs my J-dub parents allowed us to enjoy, since they didn't directly mention the pagan x-mas holiday.

Edited by - Gopher on 11 December 2002 4:6:47

• Angharad
    Angharad

That was lovely Farkel, thanks for sharing it

Angharad (would love to be able to play piano class!)

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

They were great, Farkel!

What instrument did you play the pieces on?

I recently bought a Yamaha PSR 350 keyboard, but am only on the really simple versions of "Greensleeves" and "Fur Elise" level!

I've played guitar for years and have always wanted to play the piano / keyboard, but it's a bit trickier than I thought! Any tips?

Oh, and let's have some more!

My choice would be Beethoven's sonatas.

Spanner

Edited by - SpannerintheWorks on 11 December 2002 8:8:46

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit