How much before a person snaps?

by MrMoe 62 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

mac - what has been done cannot be undone

• ugg
    ugg

mr moe,,,,,,get to a doctor.....tell him how you feel.....get professional help.....use this site,,,to vent....see a therapist....
    it will help....just do it....

i do not know your story....but have felt the same way....i broke....
    big time....don't let it happen to you....get professional help...

will be thinking of you....others care....

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Amanda,

Hey, sweetie..... whatever is going on? Get it (at least part-way) out of your system, somehow. Tell somebody, anybody. If this board does not feel cool, find a friend. If you don't have a friend you feel cool about telling, there are places online where you can write "virtual diaries" or journals or whatever the f** you feel like writing.. (I'll come back with some URL's in a few....)

I've been in your position so so so many times. What it always came down to for me is hard to describe, but it was like I had to make a conscious decision to NOT freak. I had to make the decision every few SECONDS sometimes. The only "power" I felt I had was the power to "choose" to NOT FREAK. The thing would pass, somehow, and I was glad that I had not done something impulsive that would have much longer-lasting consequences.....

It was hard, splitting off from my emotions like that, and it felt so detached and ... clinical? But it got me through till I could gather my resources again.

Emmie's a big part of your need to stay intact, for sure. Sometimes my kids' needing me alive kept me able to just go "cognitive."

Let us know how you fare, and e-mail me if you think it would help

love, lauralisa

• siegswife
    siegswife

Moe...(((Amanda)))...it sounds like something happened to your daughter! I hope not!

You'll find the strength that you need to be there for her, and she'll feel it. Even if you think that you need to put on a stronger face, she knows and feels how much you love her, and it will help her with whatever it is that you and she are facing right now.

I'm so sorry that you're feeling so vulnerable and helpless right now. The love you share with your daughter will guide you to the next step.

Lea

• TR
    TR

We love you and Emmie, Amanda! You know I do!

TR

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Dear MrMoe,

Sometimes I read posts on this site that break my heart. Yours is one of those. I wondered who you were and so I went back and read your threads, especially one from May with a list of what you had been through this last year. You have been through so much,

You are very strong and if you say it is bad now, then I believe you. If you say this is a terrible thing that has happened...... it must be true.

What can we say to help you, what can we do? We are only your invisible friends but we care about you.

How much can the human mind stand? I don't know but I have been reading books about Women who came west in covered wagons. Our ancestors were strong beyond what we can even imagine in our day and time. Sometime I think about what my ancestors endured to live and I am in awe. Our times are different but maybe we can also find the strength to endure for another generation and especially for your daughter. No one will ever love her as you do.

• FreeRangeChicken
    FreeRangeChicken

GOD!!!! i feel this way too!!!! you know that one scene in "gladiator" where maximus tells the empress how wonderful and strong she is? and she replies in a tired voice "I am tired of being strong."

that's exactly how i feel

i hear ya, moe. and my arms are around you, comfortingly

love,
    ~incense

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

It's estimated that there are 60 million survivors of childhood molestation in America and is reported at the rate of up to 80,000 per year. About 1 in 3 girls are molested at some point in thier lives.

More than 75% of perpetrators are parents. The rest are typically relatives, child care providers, foster parents and other adults.

Adult women that were molested as children are more likely to have problems like feeling nervous all the time, feeling depressed, withdrawing from their friends and family, being destructive when they get frustrated, and having trouble in school.

Girls who report being sexually abused are more likely during their early teenage years to get a sexually transmitted disease, get pregnant, have more than one sexual partner at a time, and be in sexually abusive relationships over and over again.

• Mac
    Mac

Moe,

I am not familiar with your circumstance, and am not trying to intrude. It is true that certain actions, and events in your life cannot be undone or relived. We have to move on and do the best we can, forgiving ourselves if necessary, but always knowing that our current emotion will not be forever. In time all disaster is reduced to an unhappy memory as long as we allow ourselves to move on. I'm not inferring that events in our lives, though tragic or unhappy, should be forgotten, but rather that we come to accept the things we cannot change, learn from them, and do our best to not make the same mistakes again. Tomorrow will often bring to you a new perspective.

Now, there you've done it, disrupted my MO of being a hit and run poster!

((((MOE)))

Mac

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

http://www.goodtouchbadtouch.com/abuse_facts.html

The offender who rapes and is incarcerated has had an average of 65 victims during his lifetime. One recent study in Oregon found that more than 80% of known rapists were abused as children.

The Perpetrator

Offenders are not usually strangers to children. According to the National Clearinghouse, approximately 90% of offenders are known to the children. In addition, a child is 3 times more likely to be-molested by a recognized, trusted adult than by a stranger. 50% of child victims are molested
    in their own homes or in the offender's home.

who molest girls within the family, molest girls outside the family as well.

who molest boys within the family, 61 % molest females outside the family and 68% molest males outside the family.

to a crisis period in their lives or because boundaries in the family get confused or unclear. The average length of an incestuous relationship is three years, it is rarely a one-time occurrence.

as adolescents. Adolescents perpetrate 50% of sex offenses against boys, and 15-20% of offenses against girls. (Rasmussen, Buton, Chrisopherson, 1992)

of 7 victims, but if left untreated will have about 380 victims in a lifetime."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit