Joe Anderson's Letter

by silentlambs 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Makena1
    Makena1

((((((Joe, Barbara, Bill and families))))

Just wanted to add my thanks for sharing such a powerful and well written letter. I can only imagine the emotions and agonizing you and Barb have been through to get to this point. I applaud your courage.

I hope someday we can meet in person. I would love to compare notes about how your fellow elders reacted to Barbara's "independent course". (You better control your wife brother - she is displaying a Jezebel influence...yadayada).

One of my regrets is that I did not write a similar letter after what we went through as a family.

Thanks again for standing up for what you know is right in the face of incredible odds.

Warmest regards,

Mak and Sabine

• COMF
    COMF

You Know:

My views haven't changed

Really! So you still expect the end of this system on or about October 4/5, 1998?

• Farkel
    Farkel

COMF,

: Really! So you still expect the end of this system on or about October 4/5, 1998?

Farkel is ROFLHAO!!

• Europe
    Europe

Hatt's off Mr. Anderson!!!

You have more guts in your little finger than the whole WTS together!!!

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Isaiah 10:1,2 (NWT)

Woe to those who are enacting harmful regulations and those who, constantly writing, have written out sheer trouble, 2 in order to push away the lowly ones from a legal case and to wrest away justice from the afflicted ones of my people

Sounds Prophetic to me!

Searcher

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=32846&site=3

• Room 215
    Room 215

I marvel at the Society's success in coming up with new ways to appall me, even though I thought I'd seen it all. What we've witnessed here with Joe and Barbara's beheading is the latest stop on that slippery slope that began in the seventies with the installation of the Governing Body and its Sanhedrin mentality, It never seems to dawn on these dimwits that every time they alienate and then expel another courageous, highly principled seeker of reform, a would-be loyal dissenter, they drive another nail into their own coffin and accelerate their self-destruction.

Those senile old boneheads got the ball rolling on the Society's final chapter with the flogging of Ray Franz, Ed Dunlap and Cris Sanchez, et al. It's now deteriorated to the point where there's no long any pretense at reason, persuasion with Scripture: it's ``sit down, shut up, or else'' Intellectuals and persons of conscience have become an endangered species, all targeted for elimination. To survive, these latter must, David-like, feign stupidity /imbecility.

With each successive chapter it appears more likely that the denouement of this modern tragedy will be a Jim Jones-style Kool Aid picnic.

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

bttt

• abbagail
    abbagail

The breaking of hearts continues... Why did I even THINK the society just might LISTEN to Bro Anderson's excellently detailed and reasoned letter? I actually hoped that they would... and for a few minutes envisioned some humility and reform on their part.

This ongoing hard-line by the society sends chills up my spine, like a horror movie (anyone remember "The Night of the Living Dead"? seen as a teenager years ago, scariest movie I ever saw, and appropriate for this issue: The dead -- slaughtered lambs -- are finally waking up from their graves). Somebody really REALLY oughtta do a mini-series or a movie about the WTS's history.... Spike Lee, you listening bro?

There were so many great comments in this thread. The apostle Paul scipture in Bro A's letter was an eye opener for me, too. Right on target. How can they ignore such obvious scriptural reasoning?

Thanks to Bro Anderson and silentlambs for sharing the letter with us. We are so utterly attached to this cause, and appreciate hearing every move along the way.

Thanks to those at the Heart of this issue for ALL of the hard work and courage (Bro Bowen and family and Barbara Anderson and family, AND the victims who we have "met" via the media and all the others less visible but not forgotten).

Room 215, thanks for your points. I didn't realize the creation of the GB was the beginning of the troubles. And loved that about David, which I had forgotten.

What we've witnessed here with Joe and Barbara's beheading is the latest stop on that slippery slope that began in the seventies with the installation of the Governing Body and its Sanhedrin mentality... and

It's now deteriorated to the point wherethere's no long anypretense at reason, persuasion with Scripture: it's``sit down, shut up, or else''... and

To survive, these latter must, David-like, feign stupidity /imbecility.

You were also right on with the comment about there no longer being any pretense at reason or persuasion with scripture.

A cloud like thick gloom definitely hovers overhead...

My heart aches.
    Grits

Edited by - grits on 24 July 2002 3:47:38

• abbagail
    abbagail

I forgot to say thanks to Cassiline for posting that thread/scripture from Isaiah! WOWOWOW! Is that not a scripture hitting the BULL'S EYE for this very cause or what? That was SO GOOD... "constantly writing"! (Who fits that BETTER than the WTS!!!) "written out sheer trouble!!!" (We can SEE it, why can't THEY see it???) "in order to PUSH AWAY the lowly one from a legal case"!!! (Unbelievably perfect!) "to wrest away justice from the afflicted ones of my people..." (I am aghast at how fantastic the scriptures are! I do so love the Bible! Thank you for reminding me how much!) Sincerely/Grits

Woe to those who are enacting harmful regulations and those who, constantly writing, have written out sheer trouble, 2 in order to push away the lowly ones from a legal case and to wrest away justice from the afflicted ones of my people... Isaiah 10:1,2 (NWT)
  • abbagail
    abbagail

PS: For more insight into the PERSON and life of Joe Anderson, go to this link:
    < <a href=" http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=32862&site=3>"; target="_new"> http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=32862&site=3>;;

Edited by - grits on 24 July 2002 4:36:0

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit