Joe Anderson's Letter

by silentlambs 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi Prisca,

To step down as an elder was the easiest thing I ever did. I was so happy to get out of all that work and responsibility and get a real life.

Ken P.

• blondie
    blondie

I was wondering how Barbara's husband could just sit by and seem to do nothing. I have my answer and how. I support your decision and wish I could be there to shake your hand.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

This thread deserves as much exposure as possible.

HS

• teejay
    teejay

Excellent letter, Brother Anderson. I have made a copy of it and saved it to hard drive. Thank you.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

If you recall I wrote a piece about a year or so ago entitled... -- YK
    So, a year from now we can expect another glimpse of your growing intelligence? Can't wait!
  • MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

what an excellent, logical scriptural and...very powerfull letter from Joe Anderson.

I do agree with the many comments about it and I do agree entirely with Amazing's

words:

" Brother Anderson has integrity and courage ... something all to often missing among JW Elders ... it is a serious loss to the Society when good men like him resign ... "

The WBTS Inc. should be ashamed..!

All the best to Joe and Barbara Anderson and Bill Bowen.

Although far I 'm , together with many others, near to you in these

proving moments, greetings James Charles MacHislopp.

P.S. The point about Paul to the Corinthinas...just brilliant

and very clear!

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello again,

I've failed to mention that Joe's letter will for the file...

and for extensive publicity to many friends ..in Europe.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• teejay
    teejay

A profound observation (or two) from Brother Anderson's letter:

In the May 24, 2002 letter to all the congregations, you stated that even one abused child is one too many. This same letter says,

At least since 1981, articles have been published in our journals, with a view to educating Jehovah's people on the need to protect children from child abuse. How can you educate Jehovah's people by keeping such secrets? To be able to protect their children, Jehovah's Witnesses have a right to know as part of their education if there are any people within the congregation accused of molestation.

Incidentally, it seems to me that if concerned people had not gone to the media about the child abuse problems in our organization, this subject would not have been addressed at the elders school last year. It was obvious that there was a change of attitude by the statement made that Child abuse is a crime. Now elders no longer treat molestation as a sin like adultery or fornication, but as something far more serious, a crime .This was a welcome change.

Since elders have been told that molestation is a crime, why can't our brothers go first to the authorities with an accusation and then inform the elders. We expect our brothers to go first to the authorities with an accusation of murder. Moreover, it is inconceivable to think elders would investigate an allegation of murder to determine guilt or innocence, so why would we investigate an allegation of child abuse to determine guilt or innocence? This is just not our field of expertise. We are ministers of God, not police. The authorities and their child abuse experts sometimes make mistakes, but nothing like the mistake of just asking the accused, "Did you do it?" and the reply is, "No."

This crystal clear reasoning has no rebuttal, of course, but I don't think it will matter come Bill's hearing. Come to think of it, Brother Anderson has probably signed his own death warrant. This ain't your daddy's faithful and discreet slave, anymore.

• minimus
    minimus

The next big question is: Will Joe Anderson also be disfellowshipped for siding in with division sowers?

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

bttt

• Salud
    Salud

We applaude Joe for his courage!!! It is a shame that elders of his calliber have had to resort to this. This is a trend that will not stop. As qualified men continue to leave it will only deteriorate the quality of the leadership that the WT has to offer, but the WT refuses to do anything about it.

You Know... enjoyed your insightful comments.

Fred Hall... your right, one less good elder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit